What is your dream MED school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pslee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dream schools are Wash U, Harvard, and Stanford. I do not know if I will be competent, but I am just trying my best. What are your top school choices?

Members don't see this ad.

any of my in-state allopathic schools MSU-CHM, Wayne St., and if God permits UMich. I'm 24 and have about 40k in debt already, so I don't want to pay too much for school, and I love my home state!

"Probably some highly ranked school in a desirable geographic location. "
- Everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
pslee said:
My dream schools are Wash U, Harvard, and Stanford. I do not know if I will be competent, but I am just trying my best. What are your top school choices?
i'm sure those are everybody's dream schools. doesnt mean i can't be happy at a lesser school.

UCSF, Columbia

UT Southwestern, UT Houston, UMich, UIC, UC, Loyola, Columbia, man the list goes on and on... Of course I'll be happy if I get into my state school (UT Memphis)!

My alma mater - UPenn - although they threw my application out the minute they got it. :(

Yale, and they never even got my application :laugh:

My dream school? The one that accepts me, so I guess I got into my dream school! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
CCLCM and UVM both and at the moment, whichever accepts me!

it was just UT Southwestern coming into the application cycle, but I realized Mayo, UPenn, and UCSF would've rocked my world if I had applied and gotten accepted.

Let's see here, dream med school eh?

It'd have to be:

1) Yale
2) University of Chicago
3) Stanford

Loyola University Chicago

A SUNY school (pref. Upstate or Buffalo). But 3 years in a row, they took my application and fee. Then the entire admissions committee took metamucil and took a dump on my application. Then they let it sit for a while under bright light. The following week or so, they drove all the way back to my house and threw it on my lawn...stained and all.

Going in my top picks were

1. Mayo Medical School
2. University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
3. University of Wisconsin

I have no desire whatsoever to go to an ivy, WashU or Hopkins...

My dream school doesn't exist. It would have:

1. Drexel's pre-clinical curriculum, including online resources
2. An awesome hospital system with attendings and residents who are just dying to teach med students everything they know
3. H/P/F grading
4. A stellar reputation
5. No tuition :D
6. An elective slot in third year

Hmm, I could probably keep going. A simulation lab, for example. Tons of stuff. Heck, I could design a really awesome med school. Plus then I could put it wherever I want!

NYU. self-explanatory.
-mota

SUNY Upstate Medical University! It's the shiznit.

HMS :love:

Which isn't to say that I'm not totally onto the fact that I have acceptances to multiple other people's dream schools that have been mentioned... and I am blessed for each of them.

Risa said:
HMS :love:

Which isn't to say that I'm not totally onto the fact that I have acceptances to multiple other people's dream schools that have been mentioned... and I am blessed for each of them.

may i have one? specifically transferred just to me? thanks

and what's HMS...i'm guessing harvard? but idk

C.P. Jones said:
may i have one? specifically transferred just to me? thanks

and what's HMS...i'm guessing harvard? but idk

yes on both counts. you'll just have to change your name to Risa and wear at least one article of pink clothing per day... they'll never know the difference. and it'll be fun!

Risa said:
yes on both counts. you'll just have to change your name to Risa and wear at least one article of pink clothing per day... they'll never know the difference. and it'll be fun!

may i wear more than one article of pink clothing a day? and as for the name change...i'm off to the court right now...med school here i come! just wait til we apply to residencies as the same person :rolleyes: :laugh:

Johns Hopkins. I can't believe no one said that yet.

pslee said:

Duke.

LOYOLA!!!
I really have tunnel vision, what can I say? When I fall in love it's FOREVER!

University of Michigan
Stanford
Mayo

Northwestern

Johns Hopkins!

Columbia, Cornell, NYU, MSSM :)

C.P. Jones said:
may i wear more than one article of pink clothing a day? and as for the name change...i'm off to the court right now...med school here i come! just wait til we apply to residencies as the same person :rolleyes: :laugh:

Maybe we can share a residency and each only do half the work!

And yes, one pink article is a BARE minimum. Pink underwear, socks, shirt, pants, jacket, and toenails is ideal. But I mean, there's only so much pink clothing out there... don't you be hogging all the 6s :p

WashU
UCSF
Cornell until they didn't give me an interview.

Before I started the application cycle it was Johns Hopkins. Unfortunately they have shown me no love.

Cornell Tri-I, UCSF, Harvard, Hopkins

I've been dreaming about UMich for 4 years now, and it's finally a reality. Go Blue!!! I love you!!!

Mayo
Duke
And I would also happily trot off to Wash U :D

Yale, UCSF, Harvard - in that order. I'll be hopefully hearing from them in the reverse order in the next month. Do jews cross fingers?

Any school in CA