What kind of DAT score is needed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midiland

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like the title, what kind of DAT score is needed if you have a not so good GPA? like around 3.1 Also, it would be nice if someone uses numbers to make their point. Is low 20s good enough?

Members don't see this ad.

Like the title, what kind of DAT score is needed if you have a not so good GPA? like around 3.1 Also, it would be nice if someone uses numbers to make their point. Is low 20s good enough?
If you're applying now, I'd say you'd need a 24+....

no i am not applying right now. I am planning on applying for the next cycle

To have av ery good shot you should get a 20+ with your gpa. Study like you want to get the highest score possible though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm around where you are at a 3.0-3.1. I know how you feel. Just study hard knowing that you will show the adcoms how well you know the stuff regardless of GPA. In a way, if you do well, this will be redemption for you. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, aim for perfect. Remember, if you chase the hell out of perfection you will catch excellence in the process. Study for 3 months using...

Bio--kaplan and cliffs AP Also, study the things people say is on the test here.
GC--kaplan
OC--kaplan
PAT--Kaplan and Barrons
RC--kaplan and read some content heavy journals. Do all practice tests you can get your hands on.
QR--kaplan and just solve problems. You gotta think fast on this section, don't try to set up every problem. I never set these problems up, I try to do them in my head.

Ok, what do you guys think? Anymore suggestions or is this a good plan of attack? What is missing from the study plan?

I once posted this advice to another member wanting study advice. Just my humble opinion though!

You must master the following material:

Kaplan
Destroyer
Topscore
Achiever
Campbells or Schaums AP Biology
Crack Dat Pat
Schaums College Algebra Review
First 4 chapters in your Organic and Gen Chem textbooks
Examcrackers review questions
Audio Osmosis at all times you are not studying otherwise

If you can master these, you're gonna get the scores you want.

Do not casually surf SDN once you start studying, you are wasting time

No TV

No Movies

No Shopping

No Nothing

Period.

Hit the books and Good Luck :thumbup:

I once posted this advice to another member wanting study advice. Just my humble opinion though!

You must master the following material:

Kaplan
Destroyer
Topscore
Achiever
Campbells or Schaums AP Biology
Crack Dat Pat
Schaums College Algebra Review
First 4 chapters in your Organic and Gen Chem textbooks
Examcrackers review questions
Audio Osmosis at all times you are not studying otherwise

If you can master these, you're gonna get the scores you want.

Do not casually surf SDN once you start studying, you are wasting time

No TV

No Movies

No Shopping

No Nothing

Period.

Hit the books and Good Luck :thumbup:
I disagree. You need leisure time in there to give you mind a break. I'd say every three hours you put in take like a 15-30 minute break to relax. Make sure you also get a good night sleep.

I disagree. You need leisure time in there to give you mind a break. I'd say every three hours you put in take like a 15-30 minute break to relax. Make sure you also get a good night sleep.

Sleep? Whats that?

sleep is a luxury.. i say study 23 hr's/day..take a 30minute sh1t and a 30min meal break. You'll be good to go in no time.

lol. im liking some of these posts about how to study....

anyways, im in the same shoes ur in (actually even worst) in terms of gpa. DAT is def key for you to become competitive during the next cycle. i ended up scoring an AA of 21 but im not sure how far it will take me since im not applying til next year. but honestly, shoot for the highest you possibly can. 20+ is def a good start.

good luck studying.

thank u all for ur advice!! so if i get like 20s, i have a pretty good chance of getting in or getting interviews or both or depends on how well i do in the interview?

I am in your shoes... i have a 3.01 gpa. All of my sciences were in the 20's... but i feel in our case we need AA 21+ and TS 23+. Maybe i'm wrong.. but i'll let u know tomorrow.

Yeah. My exam is today... I'll let u know how it goes this time. Wish me luck.