SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What makes a "solid" recommendation??

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by kansasgal, Nov 28, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. kansasgal

kansasgal

Oct 9, 2017
    I am applying for admission in 2018 and I keep seeing people talking about a "solid" recommendation letter... but I am kind of curious what makes a "solid" recommendation.

I have 3 pharmacists who are doing my recommendations (2 are business partners/owners of a chain of independents, 1 from a large healthcare system). They all know me well and can talk about character, work ethic etc. as I was the only tech but is that all it takes for a "solid recommendation". Like does their actual writing style sway what makes the recommendation "solid"

Any thoughts?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lalaland33

lalaland33

Sep 20, 2017
    Those sound good. Pharmacy schools don't want letters that just say "He was a good student who made an A in the class." They want to hear about your character from someone else's mouth and if you think your pharmacists are able to say some good things about you, then you're fine.

4. kansasgal

kansasgal

Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks for the reply!