What Organization Tool Do You Use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shivasHeroLike

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how do you stay organized with classes/work/meetings/numbers etc..

i know some people use an electronic pocket pc

some use journals

professional daily planners

what about you ?

Members don't see this ad.

how do you stay organized with classes/work/meetings/numbers etc..

i know some people use an electronic pocket pc

some use journals

professional daily planners

what about you ?

I use PC-based tools on my laptops, such as MS OneNote and MindjetMindManager. Also, just by putting things in different folders on the PC its possible to keep things organized. I try to keep everything in electronic form if at all possible.

CalendarScope. But if anyone knows of a better Calendar/organizer, i'd switch.

Members don't see this ad :)
I use a whiteboard in my study at home. At the beginning of each block I use the sylibi to put up everything I need to cover before the next test with little boxes representing how many times I would ideally like to cover the material. Every days I pick goals for that day and try to see how many of them I can check off. Whenever bills come in I put them up on the board so I can keep track of due dates. I put whatever other reminders I need up there for extracurricular stuff. It cheesy but I love the feeling of checking things off, and when you feel like you're not accomplishing enough you can look and see all the stuff you have done, and nothing feels better than erasing the board after an exam and looking at a blank one for a few days.

i write things on my calendar. if i'm on a rotation with lots of meetings i write them in a little notebook i keep in my white coat. 's about it.

My brain. I used to keep a little planner with me, but I stopped using it long ago.

Im another brain guy, usually I have schedules planed out a few days in advance (especially when it comes to test weeks.)

Brain guy here, too. I've never been able to consistently use a planner or anything like that...I'm just naturally disorganized and a couple of years ago I decided to stop fighting it. If there's anything super important that I can't forget, I'll send myself an e-mail about it.

i checked out the screen shots for calendarscope.

pretty interesting.

psips, i like your whiteboard idea, just cause of the mental satisfaction you get when completing it. might have to try it out.

i'm always lookin for motivation. goodlook

I use the calendar in outlook. That way it's right there everytime I check my school email, plus, if I get an email telling me about a change in schedule, I can change it right then. Very convenient, although not very portable. Is there a way to sync that with a PDA?

Outlook, printed out schedules, mostly outlook.

Our class president.
Oh, you meant tool as in utility, not as in person.
Then I use Outlook and sync it to my PDA.

Outlook and smartphone

Members don't see this ad :)
I use a little Palm Tungsten E. Really simple pda, but I call it my accessory brain. I lost it for a week and missed 2 meetings.

I use Google Calendar. You can color-code by type (i.e. personal, classes, work, etc) and changing dates is just drag-and-drop. I'm perpetually signed into GMail anyway, so it's pretty convenient.

I use the calender that my school gives us online. It tells us what classes and labs to attend and when. Otherwise, I use my brain. I have never been able to keep a calender successfully.

Wow, I've never been able to keep my brain successfully. 1 wk w/o calendar and I'd almost surely be doomed

I think I'm gonna get a palm treo 700wx for medical school. That calendarscope thing would be an amazing organizer to have on it.

i use post-its and my school curriculum calendar when i think i'm forgetting something.

I've used a hand-held device for a long time.

Back in High School I had a lot of positions (house captain, SRC secretary, state SRC president) and I had a LOT of things to remember. Without my trusty old Palm Vx I wouldn't have gotten through it all, not in a long shot.

I recently got an i-mate, which is a PDA and a phone together. I plan on using it when I start Med school next year. It has Windows Mobile with Outlook Mobile etc.

Hope it works for me.

Meetings? Granted I'm only a second year...

But the only meetings I have are the daily 8-hour-long-lovemaking-to-my class-notes kind... :laugh:

microsoft outlook is quite nice, especially the task checklist feature.

i will check out a pda to synchronize it

thanks for the input