What review book for nbde part 1???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teethandtrees

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey every1, I'm just really messed up in terms of review books. So far every1 is split between kaplan and first aid but I heard that first aid has some mistakes. True or false??

Also is Kaplan NBDE part 1 notes the same as dentessentials??
And suddenly usmle first aid pops up. So which reivew book is the best?

Lastly, are the ASDA released exams every1's talking abt the same as the 'reprints' I found on the ASDA online store? What does it mean when they say reprints 1-L etc?
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

ASDA papers are past papers released by ASDA. They are numbered differently..like I-A, B, C, D to all the way till I-M (latest released in 2008) ABSOLUTE MUST

Kaplan denEssentials is different than Kaplan lecture notes. You can use either of them..you can go to nearest book store and see dentEsentials book..it has lot of charts and diagrams and esp good in Molecular biology and genetics.

Kaplan lecture notes you should be able to get from some students on ebay/sdn/or joining kaplan course. This book is too detailed in many aspects.

First Aid is an excellent resource for the boards. People use it a lot. It s good for the review and throughout your prepration as well. It does have some mistakes but see most of the part 1 threads here and people have extensivly used that book. But it doesn't cover biochemistry thoroughly.

ASDA papers are must, other resources you can choose. irrespective of whtever you chose, STICK to the books and dnt hop around. Read THOROUGHLY whtever resource you read.

Good luck :)

ASDA papers are past papers released by ASDA. They are numbered differently..like I-A, B, C, D to all the way till I-M (latest released in 2008) ABSOLUTE MUST

Kaplan denEssentials is different than Kaplan lecture notes. You can use either of them..you can go to nearest book store and see dentEsentials book..it has lot of charts and diagrams and esp good in Molecular biology and genetics.

Kaplan lecture notes you should be able to get from some students on ebay/sdn/or joining kaplan course. This book is too detailed in many aspects.

First Aid is an excellent resource for the boards. People use it a lot. It s good for the review and throughout your prepration as well. It does have some mistakes but see most of the part 1 threads here and people have extensivly used that book. But it doesn't cover biochemistry thoroughly.

ASDA papers are must, other resources you can choose. irrespective of whtever you chose, STICK to the books and dnt hop around. Read THOROUGHLY whtever resource you read.

Good luck :)

Thanks sooo much! So I'm leaning toward Kaplan.
Just to straighten it out, kaplan review book is not kaplan lecture notes and not dentessentials right?? So if I want kaplan review book, I'd have to buy it off someone or enroll in a kaplan course, right??

If your basics are not strong, try to study from USMLE review books. I felt that Kaplan lecture nots are NOT good enough to prepare you for part I. Kaplan Dentessentials is a great book for last minute revision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan lecture notes is what you get when you enrol in their course. or you can buy that from any student, try ebay or craigslist.

I dnt knw kaplan review book, probably they call lecture notes as the review book.

Dentessential is different book, you can see that in nay book store, it has lot of tables and makes it easier to revise. Best 'ld be go to your bookstore and see it urself.

Please can anybody tell the difference between NBDE PART1 2006- 07 AND 2009-10 EDITION DENTALDECKS except for the testlets

Dental Board Busters has the ASDA exams written out as statements in the definitions. It's easier to use 1 book than to go looking for numerous exams. Make sure to read it over and over again.

Hi,

THanks DMD2BE1122.I have 2006-07 dental decks .Should i buy 2009-10 dental decks for NBDE PART-1

if u have the money then buy it,,but basically it doesn't matter much..read thoroughly what you have and understand it..
but if u feel you need to get the new edition, dnt think too much just get it from ebay..basically wht matters is u shld be happy with ur study material n start studying.

if u have the money then buy it,,but basically it doesn't matter much..read thoroughly what you have and understand it..
but if u feel you need to get the new edition, dnt think too much just get it from ebay..basically wht matters is u shld be happy with ur study material n start studying.
hi dr37,
i have ASDA released papers from I-A to I-N but they r not till 2008.the latest in that is pilot 2004.has asda released new set.should i buy that now.

hi dr37,
i have ASDA released papers from I-A to I-N but they r not till 2008.the latest in that is pilot 2004.has asda released new set.should i buy that now.

u have got all the ASDA papers.. they have just released it till N series( which has got question from 2005-2008), pilot paper is actually the L series.

u have got all the ASDA papers.. they have just released it till N series( which has got question from 2005-2008), pilot paper is actually the L series.
thanks iomega for clearing my doubt.i know pilot is I-L but in I-N it dosent mention anywhere that it is from 2005-2008.

hey can any body tell me if there are diferent kaplan review books all i have knwn is the blue book with dentessentials written on it on ebay i saw a guy put a white covered book huge one callin that as the review book which is the on e we need to prepare for the basics pls can anybody help me with this i really need to start my prep but am stuck with this is the lecture notes of kaplan helpful is it a single book or diferent one for the individual subjects!!!! pls help me out !!!!!!!!!!!!!