What schools should I add to my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nbroz58463

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Wisconsin resident and I'm curious what schools I should add onto my application before I submit - I only have 6 right now and I'd like about 8-10.

GPA: 3.44
sGPA: 3.09
DAT: 23 AA / 23 PAT / 25 QR / 23 RC / 21 BIO / 22 GC / 22 OC / 22 TS

I have LORs from two science professors (who I know very well) and my boss, a general dentist who focuses on implant surgery and full mouth reconstruction. I was an intern at his office for about a year (basically with dental assistant responsibilities) and then was hired officially as a dental assistant for a year (2 years total). I recently starting assisting his daughter who recently graduated from Western in California and she does more traditional general dentistry. I also work as a lab technician assistant for 1 day a week and help out with 3d printing models, some crown milling jobs, minor model work, retainers, etc.

Total Dental Experience: 931 hours
Community Service: 135 hours

Schools currently on my list:
Marquette University (Wisconsin)
A.T. Still University (Arizona)
Western University (California)
University of Iowa (Iowa - no ****)
LECOM (Florida)
Midwestern (Arizona)

Please help! I think most Illinois schools are quite in-state selective, so I haven't applied there. I also was thinking to possibly apply to University of Minnesota? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

UNE is a relatively cheaper private school you could add. Some other schools in your range to consider are Creighton, Indiana (although its expensive), UNLV (can get instate after a year), Louisville, Temple, and Roseman (doesnt have a great reputation). Just some schools to research. Hope this helps!