This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elvisthepelvis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a bit lost when it comes to applying to schools. How do I know what dental schools are good, which ones I have a high chance of getting into/ suitable for me? I've checked several schools and sometimes they don't include DAT/GPA score under requirements and others say 18/3.00 ...like honey we know that you ain't accepting students with that score! :bullcrap:

so basically here are my questions if you can help me out I'd greatly apperciate it!
1. Which dental schools should I strive for?
2. Which dental schools will most likely accept me?
3. There's some websites that show a list of dental schools and their corresponding cGPA, sGPA, DAT...etc. Are any legitimate? If so, which ones?
4. How many schools should I apply to?

GPA: 3.58
DAT:
Academic Average 20
Biology 21
General Chemistry 22
Organic Chemistry 19
Perceptual Ability 18
Quantitative Reasoning 17
Reading Comprehension 23
Survey of the Natural Sciences 21

& I am currently getting my Masters in Biological Sciences (one year program, will graduate in May 2019 & planning on entering dental school Summer/Fall 2019) <-- which means soft applications opened! :help:

Thank you!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. The cheapest dental school
2. Very hard to say. I got rejected at schools I thought I had 100% chance at and interviewed at others I thought I had no chance at. Apply broadly and you should be fine.
3. ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools

Good luck :)

Reference my guide in signature for updated stats not found in the ADEA guidebook.

There's no such thing as a "safety school" when it comes to dental schools. It's not like applying to colleges where if your stats exceed the average by a good amount you are almost guaranteed admission. Every dental school has their own criteria about what they want, and you can't wow every single one.

Definitely apply to your state schools, and then pick a few that you are very interested in outside of your state. Make sure that you meet (or will meet) their requirements. No point in applying to a school if they have a requirement which you know you cannot meet.