What schools Should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bamafever

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I am from Alabama and in the process of re-applying to Dental school for the 2007 cycle. I took the DAT last Nov. I made a 17 AA and a 16 PAT and my GPA was a 3.57. I applied late and only applied to UAB and University of Fla. Well I got a secondary application from UAB, but I didnt get in. They said that my DAT was the main thing that held me back and I applied late.
So I am applying earlier and I also re-took my DAT (20 AA and 19 PAT). I want to be starting Dental School the Fall of 2007. Could you please tell me what schools I have a good shot at getting into. I want to go to UAB, but at the same time I dont want to put all my eggs in one basket again. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You could apply to schools such as Meharry and Howard which are generally less stringent on admission criteria (as a safety measure). Then you could also apply to schools that accept more students into incoming classes such as NYU and Tufts. Hope that helps!

You DAT score is much higher now. I think you need to look into the schools yourself and find which one fits. no one person is a good match for all dental schools. Besides having one or two "safety" schools like one listed above, make sure you know what you are getting into at the other schools so you can at least act, in the the interviews, like you had enough interest in the school to really look into their programs.

oh, and check out

www.predents.com

for more info about the stats of students attending various schools.