What schools take best DAT scores after multiple attempt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pacific2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just took my DAT this morning for the third time (call me crazy) to offset my low gpa but screwed my self up. I got the piano version and I did great in all sections besides the infamous reading comprehension. Anywho, what school selectively pick the best subscore of all test since I can't retake the test anymore. Also do you think I can reason with the admission to look over my reading comprehension since i got a 20 before. I really would like to attend University of Pacific, any advices?

Just fyi,

Applying for the third time
~3.2/3.2
1st attempt AA TS RC PAT: 22/22/18/19
2nd attempt(ethic/frap) AA TS RC PAT: 20/20/20/19
3rd attempt (piano) AA TS RC PAT: 21/21/16/23

Members don't see this ad.

why did you retake it after your 1st attempt? score was fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you took the first test in 2006 when the DAT averages were very high because the scoring was easy then that explains a lot.
You should have never retook that.

If you took the first test in 2006 when the DAT averages were very high because the scoring was easy then that explains a lot.
You should have never retook that.

Doc, what do you mean by "the scoring was easy"? Were the tests easier or did the scoring allow more incorrect answers for the same numerical score a few years ago? Or do dat-takers just do better now because of higher competition?

Doc, what do you mean by "the scoring was easy"? Were the tests easier or did the scoring allow more incorrect answers for the same numerical score a few years ago? Or do dat-takers just do better now because of higher competition?

When you go on predents and see that the 2006 cycle for Harvard had a 24.4 AA average. Last year I think 5 got a 25 and 1 got a 27.
That year, scoring was easy. People that would get 20s on recent versions would have gotten 21s and 22s on that year's versions.

Thank you doc toothache. That is exactly what I needed.

Though it's too late for the OP, here is a bit of advice for all you SDNers. Don't retake the DAT if you get a 22.