What should i do?........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USAF_Dentman

Go!! Get to da choppa!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i just had a o-chem exam. The grader mis-graded one of my answers and gave me too few points. So if i turn the exam back in and get the points it will give me an 'A'. However, on the second page, he didnt mark an answer wrong that i should have gotten wrong. So if i turn it in, i might get a lower grade than before, assuming he sees the error i made and gives me less points, but if he doesnt see the 'wrong answer', i will get more points.

Would you risk it??

Members don't see this ad.

I can't find my soapbox, so I'll keep this short:

Have some integrity and turn it in. Point out the mistakes both in and out of your favor. It's the road less traveled, and it's the right road.

JavadiCavity said:

Have some integrity and turn it in. Point out the mistakes both in and out of your favor. It's the road less traveled, and it's the right road.

turn it in and hope we doesnt notice the one he graded incorectly :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just be honest and turn it in. Point out both mistakes. Heck, you can even use the story in interviews as an example of your integrity.

RaiderNation said:
Just be honest and turn it in. Point out both mistakes. Heck, you can even use the story in interviews as an example of your integrity.

whats wrong with you people? no offense but if it was your paper and if you were sane enough you wouldn't turn it in for a lower grade we're all fighting for dental school here so a B+/B and a B-/C do make a difference. Do whats best for you seriously. What integrity are we talking about? the professor made a mistake twice hows that his fault and why pay for it? :rolleyes:

Nendo21 said:
whats wrong with you people? no offense but if it was your paper and if you were sane enough you wouldn't turn it in for a lower grade we're all fighting for dental school here so a B+/B and a B-/C do make a difference. Do whats best for you seriously. What integrity are we talking about? the professor made a mistake twice hows that his fault and why pay for it? :rolleyes:

I guess it's just me, i usually only count on my own abilities getting me through school and not getting a free ride through misgrading. If you're looking to get rec letters this wouldn't be a bad time to get to know the professor and let him know you truly care about what's important and aren't a number grubbing student just trying to pad their GPA.

The question then, is did you trully earn the grade that you got. HAving a solid B, shows you know your ****. Congrats, my friend Orgo is an unfriendly Biatch.

HD

JavadiCavity said:

Rolling on the floor laughing! I whole hardly agree (I keep my soap box close by for emergencies). You should be honest, I know that getting grades is a competative process, but honor and integrity will be worth far more in your life than a "grade".

CJWolf said:
I guess it's just me, i usually only count on my own abilities getting me through school and not getting a free ride through misgrading. If you're looking to get rec letters this wouldn't be a bad time to get to know the professor and let him know you truly care about what's important and aren't a number grubbing student just trying to pad their GPA.

An A or a B in orgo will get you a great recomendation letter too...oh and there's a saying that goes nice guys finish last! familiar? KEEP THE GRADE!!!

Nendo21 said:

I agree. Hell no I wouldn't point out the error.

yeah i'm going to hand it in and hope he doesnt see it......Will keep updated, LOL.

JamesD said:
So i just had a o-chem exam. The grader mis-graded one of my answers and gave me too few points. So if i turn the exam back in and get the points it will give me an 'A'. However, on the second page, he didnt mark an answer wrong that i should have gotten wrong. So if i turn it in, i might get a lower grade than before, assuming he sees the error i made and gives me less points, but if he doesnt see the 'wrong answer', i will get more points.

Would you risk it??

Here's what you should do. Go to his office or wherever he's at, and have the test ready on the page where you missed one. Point out what the right answer is and how you got robbed. Stay with him, as he looks over the answer. Then take it and leave after your grade is recorded. Be very diplomatic.

It has nothing to do with the grade. It has to do with integrity. Integrity is who you are. If you are dishonest with school, you aren't suddenly going to be honest at work and with everyone else you are surrounded by. Next time you might say, "This guy doesn't really need a crown, but hey, I need the money to pay for the remodeling on my office and its only this one time..." and so the circle continues. I guess its just a personal decision and a test of integrity. Every man for himself.

JavadiCavity said:
Welcome to the dark side Luke.

Hard to see, the dark side is... but it is the best side.

integrity is important but like somebody mentioned a grade is just a grade and doesn't determine your integrity so go for it and get that extra point :)