• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Taurus

Paul Revere of Medicine
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Ok, I've gone through FA like 5x. I haven't really used any other review books.

I'm consistently getting 70% on qbank, and I mean consistently. The score just won't budge.

I still have like 1400 q's to do. I'm taking the exam in ~2 weeks.

Should I just keep reviewing FA or look at other sources? I'm afraid if I leave FA, I'll start forgetting stuff.

Wings4Marie

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
70% on Qank timed, random, unused questions... your most likely in really good shape.

Like the poster said above, take the NBME's. You've got 2 weeks left so from now til your test date fix up whatever the NBME analysis says your defiicient in.

About the Ads

Taurus

Paul Revere of Medicine
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Thanks for the feedback. I'll do the NMBE. I was hoping to reach that magical 80% mark people keep talking about. I guess it takes further resources besides FA to hit that mark. Wish I started sooner! :oops:

mesoderm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
Taurus, I agree with the others, you are doing an awesome job! Don't forget to post about your experiences with the NBMEs.

M

mountainman123

Consistently getting a 70% on Qbank with 1400 q's left is awesome. The magical 80% on Qbank you are talking about correlates to a 260 or something according to medfriends.org or whatever the website is. At 70% now, you are in good shape to get 220+ and you are still going to learn alot with the rest of the questions. Maybe you should spend the next nine days reading RR pathology and BRS Phys or pharm and the last 3 days go read FA again. That way you hit the highest yield topics in greater detail and won't forget what you have done with FA.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.