What sucks worse than the mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premyo2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
in your opinion?

I say dropping a forty-five lb weight on your crotch is pretty close: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

trying to concentrate studying for the MCAT when ur going through s***:(

Originally posted by brodaiga
trying to concentrate studying for the MCAT when ur going through s***:(

A-men! That and the weather has gotten nice...so you have other stuff on your mind AND you'd rather be playing outside...can anything work in our favor! Not bitter or anything. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
the admissions process... but for now keep focused on the MCAT. Good Luck!

1. USMLE I
2. USMLE II
3. An 800 lb. gorilla approaching you as you are eating on your lunch break during the MCAT

- yes this MCAT is really getting to me -

I had to lay off 3 employees, all of whom had 5 or more years with the company. That sucked. One of them still doesn't have a job, and teeters on the realm of suicide...makes whining about the MKitty seem like small potatoes.

dc

Originally posted by JKDMed
Getting shot in the face?

It's a possibility, though some may argue with what? a water gun may be much better than the mcat..... there are several things I can think of that, if shot in the face with, would be much worse than the mcat

Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
1. USMLE I
2. USMLE II
3. An 800 lb. gorilla approaching you as you are eating on your lunch break during the MCAT

I agree with 1. and 3. but this is what doctors say about the USMLE...

Study 2 months for USMLE Step I
Study 2 weeks for USMLE Step II
Bring a number 2 pencil for USMLE Step III

Originally posted by Super Rob
the admissions process... but for now keep focused on the MCAT. Good Luck!

Second! I actually enjoyed the MCAT in comparison with the burden of essay-writing and anxiety of waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dragging your resin-coated nads through two miles of broken glass

-is pretty comparable to PS section.

Originally posted by LUBDUBB
Dragging your resin-coated nads through two miles of broken glass

-is pretty comparable to PS section.

wow, what imagination..

Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
1. USMLE I
2. USMLE II

at least the subject material on the USMLE is kewl. theres a threshold to how much gibbs law i can deal w

Originally posted by johnnyMD
at least the subject material on the USMLE is kewl. theres a threshold to how much gibbs law i can deal w

Wait 'til you get to all the biochem, or path, or obscure micro. :)

Taking it twice and the second time around, right before you begin your day you have to piss like you've never had to piss before, ask the proctor discretly if you can go use the rest room as she reads the instructions (yeh, we get it, don't cheat) and she responds be announcing to the entire lecture hall that you you have to wait until time starts and that they won't wait for you. You then proceed to sit through the entire physical sciences section praying that your bladder won't explode while calculating the cell potential of a solar panel mechanism. Compound this with the drugs you are on because you have been deathly ill for a week, to the point that the Wednesday prior to your MCAT, you couldn't fathom getting out of bed. Snot flowing out your nose faster than that stupid hole at the bottom of a water tower that travels a a sqrt(2*g*h) m/s.

Yeh, that kinda sucked.

when your bathroom regurgitates from the sewage line the night before your practice exam and roto-rooter stays in your house and puts poo-covered stuff on your clean sleeping bag (grr) and stays for 8 hours trying to solve the problem while you try to figure out where to sleep.

that sucked.

How about 3 times? I might have to take the MCAT again (for the 3rd time) in August...because my last one expires after this June. :(

Herpes would be worse than the mcat. At least, that is my best estimate as I have never had herpes and I sat next to a girl who looked like angelina jolie during the mcat.

Originally posted by irie
Herpes would be worse than the mcat. At least, that is my best estimate as I have never had herpes and I sat next to a girl who looked like angelina jolie during the mcat.

How did you concentrate????

Originally posted by premyo2002
How did you concentrate????

Good question. hmm. I had to really focus but it was worth it because I could use the remaining 10 or 15 minutes in each section to stare at her.

childbirth

or

semi-constipation

or a bf with a constipated look when you told him you want to go to med school