What time (AM/PM) do most interview invites get sent??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChymeofPassion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
From people's experience.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say that most are sent during business hours but, I got a few at like 2:00am on a Sunday too.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say that most are sent during business hours but, I got a few at like 2:00am on a Sunday too.

Is no time sacred anymore?! Now I'll always neurotically check my email, even in my sleep... :(

You’re starting to get a little ansi too, huh?

Is no time sacred anymore?! Now I'll always neurotically check my email, even in my sleep... :(
I was just as neurotic...I applied to 40-50 schools (MD and DO) and I can say only like 3 of those II were sent out after business hours. Do your best NOT to expect an invite after hours because, that's what's pretty realistic.

You’re starting to get a little ansi too, huh?
Meh, I wasn't expecting to get an interview till August, so I'm currently happy. But I'd like to know prime times to check my email so I'm not a crazy person all day refreshing.

Btw, while I’m here, I’m just gonna say, don’t bother checking the portal system on an hourly basis like some members. Check maybe once or twice a week. Because it’s NOT gonna be any different from your lack of emails. Your not gonna find an II on your portal when you didnt get an email. Why? BECAUSE THEY SENT YOU A SECONDARY INVITATION BY EMAIL! Meaning they are not gonna end up in your spam or some other bs. This is just the sdn neurotism, “oh you didn’t get an email? Try checking the portal! Maybe there was something wrong with the electrons !” And here’s the challenge: proof me wrong. How many people have gotten an II with no email? Only those with screwed up emails, in which case it isn’t the schools fault but the applicants fault

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Btw, while I’m here, I’m just gonna say, don’t bother checking the portal system on an hourly basis like some members. Check maybe once or twice a week. Because it’s NOT gonna be any different from your lack of emails. Your not gonna find an II on your portal when you didnt get an email. Why? BECAUSE THEY SENT YOU A SECONDARY INVITATION BY EMAIL! Meaning they are not gonna end up in your spam or some other bs. This is just the sdn neurotism, “oh you didn’t get an email? Try checking the portal! Maybe there was something wrong with the electrons !”

There are some schools that only update through portals. For example, AZCOM and CCOM don't send II emails and only update their portal in a small tab. OUWB is another example that mainly updates applicants through their portal.

By no means should you be checking your portals every single hour; but, I agree that you should glance at them 1-2 times/week (Monday and Friday tbh) to ensure that you're complete/on track.

There are some schools that only update through portals. For example, AZCOM and CCOM don't send II emails and only update their portal in a small tab. OUWB is another example that mainly updates applicants through their portal.

By no means should you be checking your portals every single hour; but, you should glance at them 1-2 times/week (Monday and Friday tbh) to ensure that you're complete/on track.
Yep I agree with that and that’s what I said

Reactions: 1 user

By no means should you be checking your portals every single hour; but, I agree that you should glance at them 1-2 times/week (Monday and Friday tbh) to ensure that you're complete/on track.
What we SHOULD do and what our brains LET us do are two different things my friend. More power to the people who don't suffer from the impulsive need to check their email every 3 seconds during application season

Members don't see this ad :)
What we SHOULD do and what our brains LET us do are two different things my friend. More power to the people who don't feel the impulsive need to check their email every 3 seconds

Hahaha, 100% agreed.

I got mine at 2 pm PST

• Wow
Btw, while I’m here, I’m just gonna say, don’t bother checking the portal system on an hourly basis like some members. Check maybe once or twice a week. Because it’s NOT gonna be any different from your lack of emails. Your not gonna find an II on your portal when you didnt get an email. Why? BECAUSE THEY SENT YOU A SECONDARY INVITATION BY EMAIL! Meaning they are not gonna end up in your spam or some other bs. This is just the sdn neurotism, “oh you didn’t get an email? Try checking the portal! Maybe there was something wrong with the electrons !” And here’s the challenge: proof me wrong. How many people have gotten an II with no email? Only those with screwed up emails, in which case it isn’t the schools fault but the applicants fault

Actually, there are instances where schools only send IIs via the portal, and not through email, even though the secondary was received via email. So, yes, you need to check portals regularly. Not daily, but the twice a week you mentioned is sufficient.

I don't think your OUWB comment is correct. Taken directly from the secondary portal: "We will use email as our primary source of contact with you. You’ll receive messages throughout the process. It may be several weeks between communications."

Actually, there are instances where schools only send IIs via the portal, and not through email, even though the secondary was received via email. So, yes, you need to check portals regularly. Not daily, but the twice a week you mentioned is sufficient.

Why not 3-4 times a day every day of the week between refreshing my email 6-10 times?

Anyone else can’t wait until they get multiple acceptances then waiting until April to make the decision to make these schools pay for taking so damn long on II

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else can’t wait until they get multiple acceptances then waiting until April to make the decision to make these schools pay for taking so damn long on II
Oh, you have it backwards my friend. You will wait until April regardless because they are going to wait until then to offer your financial aid package.

You are theirs to play with, not the other way around. Keep that in mind.

• Haha
Oh, you have it backwards my friend. You will wait until April regardless because they are going to wait until then to offer your financial aid package.

You are theirs to play with, not the other way around. Keep that in mind.
Jokes on them, I don’t get financial aid based off my parents income. Dumb af huh? They wanna take ages to send out an II or R? That’s fine on me. But I’ll def take all that into consideration

I don't think your OUWB comment is correct. Taken directly from the secondary portal: "We will use email as our primary source of contact with you. You’ll receive messages throughout the process. It may be several weeks between communications."

You're correct. I was going off assumptions made by other SDNers on other threads! My bad lol

Jokes on them, I don’t get financial aid based off my parents income. Dumb af huh? They wanna take ages to send out an II or R? That’s fine on me. But I’ll def take all that into consideration
There is always merit aid if the school offers it.

They better be offering merit aid then. Like I said just another reason why I would wait until April

Your pettiness is like scary as a personality attribute to the fact of potential II’s coming your way. Everyone deals with the delays. There are tens of thousands of applicants..

During the full moon is when a lot of interview invites come out. This is when the adcoms are given the greatest extent of their powers.