what to do if there is horrible distraction during the actual exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcat_study

eukaryote
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
like a noisy inconsiderable test-taker

or weird proctor

or fire alarm :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

mcat_study said:
like a noisy inconciderable test-taker

or weird proctor

or fire alarm

There's really nothing you can do about the first one. The proctors should take care of anyone who is being a major distraction, but sometimes people will just be annoying.

The AAMC has procedures for dealing with the last two. If there's a major interruption, such as a fire-alarm or other evacuation, they can report it and your score will be associated with being taken under special circumstances.

If a proctor does not follow protocol, it is possible that the scores can be voided. For example, if a proctor gives more time on a section. However, in this case it is up to you to write the AAMC about it. If there was a problem with a proctor that you feel put you at a disadvantage, you can write the AAMC. They will investigate the matter, and can write letters to the medical schools explaining the circumstances with under which you took the MCAT.

Of course, you always have the option of voiding your score and taking it again.

if there's a fire alarm, u have to leave the building...don't be shady and switch the scantron sheets when people are walking out. if the proctor is weird, that's different. i mean, weird-dumb? then maybe you can get more time out of each section. but just freaky weird? that's why i carry pepper spray. it will help with the inconsiderate test take next to you as well. i hate the kind with the sniffles.

Members don't see this ad :)
no--they're afraid of implantable devices streaming answers. honestly they don't. i wish they would!!! maybe there are flesh tone ones we could sneak in before hand, but how will we hear when they speak? i think it's safer to forget them.

what did i spell wrong? i'm missing something here...

<--- not too bright...

pufferfish said:
what did i spell wrong? i'm missing something here...

<--- not too bright...

I dont know, just messing with "adeadlois." Bored at the Lib, need coffee.

Edit 1: Notice my spelling error.

i caught yours actually :>

you studying for the mcat? luck!! i should be; but i'm drained... i wish i could break 30... i'd give my pinky...not all of it but a piece of it just to break 30. ok, i'm going to study in half an hour instead of whining.

pufferfish said:
i caught yours actually :>

you studying for the mcat? luck!! i should be; but i'm drained... i wish i could break 30... i'd give my pinky...not all of it but a piece of it just to break 30. ok, i'm going to study in half an hour instead of whining.

GL to you to, but its time to hunt for some good coffee and not the oil they have in the lib.

pufferfish said:
if there's a fire alarm, u have to leave the building...don't be shady and switch the scantron sheets when people are walking out. if the proctor is weird, that's different. i mean, weird-dumb? then maybe you can get more time out of each section. but just freaky weird? that's why i carry pepper spray. it will help with the inconsiderate test take next to you as well. i hate the kind with the sniffles.
:laugh: LMAO