What to do/read, summer before beginning Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually, what would be helpful and stress free before M1 would be to organize all your study tools and study space. Examples: buy laptop, organize old files on old laptop, research smartphones/iPad/iPod, research/buy new study apps for notetaking or flashcards, find a solid desk and desk chair, freshly sharpened No 2 pencils, etc.

School supply shopping used to be the highlight of my life! :love: (remember that, in like 3rd grade? Trapper Keeper?! Lisa Frank folders?! AHH!! lol..)

This is what I plan on doing. It is exciting to get to blow the money I have been ever-so-slowly accruing on nerdy school stuff. I have also been hitting thrift stores to find stuff for my apartment/house - going for a midcentury modern/ 60's 'type of thing'. Also trying to build a professional wardrobe on the cheap. Thrifting I have found some very high quality wool suits (canvased, not fused jackets) for like 7-10 bucks each that I plan on getting tailored for a slimmer look.

Members don't see this ad.

no its not that... its just that 24 has the ability to draw you in and make you watch back to back to back, etc..... and 8 seasons back to back is just too much jack bauer for any sane person to handle.
I believe this says it all.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYjLrJRuMnY[/YOUTUBE]
Actually, what would be helpful and stress free before M1 would be to organize all your study tools and study space. Examples: buy laptop, organize old files on old laptop, research smartphones/iPad/iPod, research/buy new study apps for notetaking or flashcards, find a solid desk and desk chair, freshly sharpened No 2 pencils, etc.

School supply shopping used to be the highlight of my life! :love: (remember that, in like 3rd grade? Trapper Keeper?! Lisa Frank folders?! AHH!! lol..)

Lisa Frank folders?!?!?! LOL I miss those!!! :) I'm a total nerd, I love school supply shopping, can't wait :p!

PS: What I'm doing this summer... continuing to work full-time to pay back credit card bills for all those application expenses!!!!! Oh, and try and have some fun too :), spending time with friends/family, etc.
+1 On the school supplies and paying back all these application expenses. Le Sigh.

Probably the best thing you can do before starting medical school. That, and watching the first four seasons of Scrubs.
+1 It'll definitely get you psyched!

Exactly what I'm doing, too! UGGGHHH. Luckily, amazingly, I somehow got $800 back on my taxes and am at least taking a trip to a beach. Making Work Pay...sure thing.

As for me, I just landed a $1200 tax return, which in addition to the money I'm trying to save intend to backpack across Europe for the entire month of July (working until June 28th :( ).