what to do

jesse14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have this problem and i would really like some advice. I fell in love with this girl about 3 years ago and through no fault of my own, things didn't work out and after much debate and strugle we both decided that it was best of we stoped talking. A few months latter, I found this great girl who loves me like crazy and I always thought how good it would be for something like this to happen. I am with this great girl now, but i STILL find myself thinking about my past love quite often. We have emailed each other a few times, but i CAN'T revert to old ways because I have a new g/f and i Need to focus on her, but i find it hard. I miss her very much, but I also know i NEED to move on. It's been so long already and i've tried almost everything to forget about her. I guess that other poster was right, you really can't forget old loves.

Any advice please!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems to me that you are not over your previous girlfriend and are doing the second gal a huge disservice by pining for an old love while with the new one. Do current girlfriend a favor and tell you you need time to get over the first girlfriend. You are allowed to still have feelings for your old flame but not at the expense of the new one.

Give yourself time to mourn but be kind. You'd want the same consideration if the shoe was on the other foot.

I think you had the right idea the first time... just stop talking to her. Communication keeps the doors open. UNless you want to try to work things out with your ex, I'd burn that bridge before you're tempted to cross it again.