What to wear to an open house

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carn311

Dead tired.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to NYCOM's open house this Saturday. What should I wear? Business casual? Suit? Does she need to dress up?

Members don't see this ad.

carn311 said:
My wife and I are going to NYCOM's open house this Saturday. What should I wear? Business casual? Suit? Does she need to dress up?

Business casual is fine, no need to go crazy. I'm going also, and I plan on wearing black pants and a button down shirt.

You just reminded me to talk to my girlfriend about what she is going to wear. I'm sure jeans and a T-shirt are in her plans...gotta change that :D

too late to help you with your question, but for others, you have heard about you can only make first impressions just once......dress with that in mind and you cant go wrong.

I went to NYCOM's open house and I wore some khaki pants, suede shoes, nice button down shirt and a sports coat. I saw A LOT of people with jeans. I don't think anyone looked over dressed or under dressed really. I would suggest business casual though and skip the jeans and sneakers for 5 hours.