Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What to wear to an open house

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by carn311, Nov 17, 2005.

1. carn311

carn311 Dead tired.
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My wife and I are going to NYCOM's open house this Saturday. What should I wear? Business casual? Suit? Does she need to dress up?

2. Stratus2675

Stratus2675 Bronx Bomber
    7+ Year Member

Business casual is fine, no need to go crazy. I'm going also, and I plan on wearing black pants and a button down shirt.

You just reminded me to talk to my girlfriend about what she is going to wear. I'm sure jeans and a T-shirt are in her plans...gotta change that :D

3. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    too late to help you with your question, but for others, you have heard about you can only make first impressions just once......dress with that in mind and you cant go wrong.

4. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I went to NYCOM's open house and I wore some khaki pants, suede shoes, nice button down shirt and a sports coat. I saw A LOT of people with jeans. I don't think anyone looked over dressed or under dressed really. I would suggest business casual though and skip the jeans and sneakers for 5 hours.