What will you do to celebrate getting into med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say you get into med school, anything special planned?

for me: weep, buy my two year old son a little doctor play kit (unfortunately probably the Elmo one since he's such an Elmo fanatic), and get a tattoo of the medical symbol, the kedusas or whatever it's called. And then some sushi.

Members don't see this ad.

get mad crunk in da club.

but your plans seem great too :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Toss back a couple steins of Paulaner Salvatore at friendly German bar as I thank God that my "Primum non nocere" tattoo maintained its relevance.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm taking a trip like the other poster. I'm planning an Italy-Croatia-Greece-Istanbul excursion, though.

Probably invite some of my best friends out for some dinner (no drinks, underage applicant here :( ).
Also, I already told my mom that if I get in, next summer she and I are going to take a trip to NY and do some good shopping :D .

baylormed said:
Probably invite some of my best friends out for some dinner (no drinks, underage applicant here :( ).
Also, I already told my mom that if I get in, next summer she and I are going to take a trip to NY and do some good shopping :D .

Are you a girl?

Looque said:
Are you a girl?

Look under my screen name, above my avatar :love:

baylormed said:
Look under my screen name, above my avatar :love:

hehe I know, I was joking around. I thought it was funny that you so boldly asserted your gender in such a location.

Looque said:
hehe I know, I was joking around. I thought it was funny that you so boldly asserted your gender in such a location.

:laugh: Sorry, it's just that I kept being called a "guy", I guess because that's what people assume if the screen name is neutral like mine...you know, I don't have a name like JackieMD, or MilesVanDerMom...so I just put it up there to avoid confusions. :D

braluk said:
ill hump anything that moves

That's quite the celebration. How many offspring are you shooting (ha...literally) for?

And BaylorMed, I suppose I can understand your motive. No one wants their gender to be ambiguous.

like the others i'd like to get a medical tattoo (and it would be my first) I have piercings I have to take out for medschool/interviews, so the would be my alternative choice of expression. I also want to go on another trip to Europe, but I'm starting to doubt I will have anything resembling enough money to even think about such a trip.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get wasted at all of my friends' houses and trash their stuff.

Going on vacation somewhere far far away (or as far as my bank account lets me...)

Which is not far.

Hah, celebrate? I'll probably be a pile on the floor from all the stress of waiting. That'll be celebration enough for me.

I know some people who, between their first and second years of med school, are using some of their med school loan money to finance a nice trip abroad. If the money isn't all used up, I certainly hope to do the same. I have no qualms with going into debt an extra few thousand; that's just a drop in the bucket in the bigger picture..

I concur. Good plan.

I heard about these things in college called parties. I always wanted to go to one, so after I got into medical school I did and had a carbonated alcoholic beverage and a tobacco product. It was fun and I hope to go to another one after I graduate from medical school.

I will have degrees of happiness:

Accepted MD=take couple of freinds out to Tea Lounge and hang out.
Accepted MD with a scholarship= take friends out to to Crumbs bakery and then Tea Lounge
Accepted Md/PHD= If not dead from shock take friends to dinner then Tea Lounge
Accepted Md/PHD in one of my top choice schools= all the above + next day go shopping and buy mother flowers.
Accepted and my 3 close friends also accepted = throw joint party

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
I heard about these things in college called parties. I always wanted to go to one, so after I got into medical school I did and had a carbonated alcoholic beverage and a tobacco product. It was fun and I hope to go to another one after I graduate from medical school.

hehe.

start studying anatomy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
finally put an end to these ulcers

Caristra said:
I will have degrees of happiness:

Accepted MD=take couple of freinds out to Tea Lounge and hang out.
Accepted MD with a scholarship= take friends out to to Crumbs bakery and then Tea Lounge
Accepted Md/PHD= If not dead from shock take friends to dinner then Tea Lounge
Accepted Md/PHD in one of my top choice schools= all the above + next day go shopping and buy mother flowers.
Accepted and my 3 close friends also accepted = throw joint party

Hee hee. A "joint" party. :idea:

Tattoo of a gigantic M on one buttcheek and of a D on the other, and then streak the city of Boston.

MiesVanDerMom said:
Let's say you get into med school, anything special planned?

for me: weep, buy my two year old son a little doctor play kit (unfortunately probably the Elmo one since he's such an Elmo fanatic), and get a tattoo of the medical symbol, the kedusas or whatever it's called. And then some sushi.

Looque said:
I know some people who, between their first and second years of med school, are using some of their med school loan money to finance a nice trip abroad. If the money isn't all used up, I certainly hope to do the same. I have no qualms with going into debt an extra few thousand; that's just a drop in the bucket in the bigger picture..

I agree. If I can find some money hiding around here I am def going back to Europe. I love to travel, and its def a lot better than spending your money in other ways.

Given the exciting life of someone who works full time in addition to going to school and studying, I'll probably go to work... But there would be a lot of celebrating to be done once a day off rolled around!

I know some people who, between their first and second years of med school, are using some of their med school loan money to finance a nice trip abroad. If the money isn't all used up, I certainly hope to do the same. I have no qualms with going into debt an extra few thousand;that's just a drop in the bucket in the bigger picture..

I agree. Now that you guys are saying it, I kind of want to do the same. Plus, when you think about it, if you don't do it now, when? After med school is residency, and then work, and we can probably forget about a long vacation for a while...we'll be working 80hrs a week. So, why not do it before that time comes, when we are still young? Europe...here I come!!!!

Take a nap and maybe skip a class or two...or ten...

i will drink........and i WON'T think about the hydrogen bonds between the EtOH molecules

geno2568 said:
i will drink........and i WON'T think about the hydrogen bonds between the EtOH molecules

Don't lie, you can't turn that off

joanofarc0907 said:
Don't lie, you can't turn that off

That's true. Science jokes abound when I'm inebriated.

I got in earlier this summer to a 7 year BS/MD program offered to sophomores at U of Miami.

Later this month I am going to have a huge gathering at my house with all my friends and fam...post-sept 6 (my 21st b day) I'm going to go with my gf and friends to clubs in South Beach and party like a wild animal :D

Dr.TobiasFünke said:

I'd think you would take the extra loan money and get some acting lessons from Carl Weathers.

If I get into my one of my top choices and still have secondary's to fill out. I'll fill them out and send in a shirtless pic of me a la Will.

Looque said:
That's true. Science jokes abound when I'm inebriated.

Yeah I always make a comment about alcohol dehydrogenase. Never fails

One of my friends and I are planning on going to Europe early January (we're both graduating in December). We're going to visit close family friends of hers in Italy, visit friends of hers in Austria and Prague, and then possibly go to her brother's wedding in Belarus (where she's from originally). So if I happen to get into med school before then, that will be my post acceptance celebrate. If not, I'd still like to go anyways. :p

how has nobody said hookers and blow yet?

I will probably be decently happy for a week or so, and become steadily more lazy and content in the following months.

I will do absolutely nothing for two or three days. It has been a few years since I've last "done" nothing.

Schaden Freud said:
Tattoo of a gigantic M on one buttcheek and of a D on the other, and then streak the city of Boston.

temporary tatt? :p

I'm going to go to a place where the beer flows like wine, where the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

If that plan falls through, I will just get piss ass drunk with my friends and give drunken medical advice to random strangers.

geno2568 said:

what the.....you actually do that? :p

Schaden Freud said:

LUV IT! :laugh:

I will cook hella Indian food and invite all my friends and dance the night away!!!!! Hell Yah!

Sleep.

Then...register for the MCAT again...and totally bomb it.

If i get into medschool, my treat would be going to the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. :thumbup:

My treat will be to manufacture mountains of delicious chyme!