Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What's the word with TUCOM??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by bla_3x, Oct 16, 2002.

1. bla_3x

bla_3x Grip it and rip it!
    7+ Year Member

Well, I interviewd on the 1st of Oct. and Dr. Haight said that they would send out the letters LAST THURSDAY oct 10th. I have not received anything yet, and I live pretty close...in Reno, NV. Has anyone else been expecting stuff from TUCOM and not gotten anything yet???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!
    7+ Year Member

My experience is that they meet to vote on the candidates on Thursdays. The letters aren't prepared until Friday because they require the Dean's signature rather than Dr. Haight's. There was a national conference in Vegas this last weekend so if signatures weren't acquired on the letters due to the trip to the conference......Monday was a holiday for the post office (Columbus Day)..... you live in Reno......I would expect the letters by no later than Friday. If you don't hear by Friday then you should send Dr. Haight an email.

Brenda
    TUCOM, Class of 2007

3. bla_3x

bla_3x Grip it and rip it!
    7+ Year Member

I was considering giving the admissions office, or Dr. Haight, a call. Do you think that email would be a better way?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!
    7+ Year Member

TUCOM prefers email. You will get a faster response by email and if you were accepted. Dr. Haight will sometimes tell you in the email response.

5. mfred

mfred Member
    7+ Year Member

I have not gotten my letter either. However, I emailed Dr. Haight, and he wrote me back the committees decision :)) ). He also stated that admissions got a little behind on mailings due to the Holiday. Good Luck!