What's your favorite studying food and drink?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
red bull. no snacks. my memory seems to work on full-drive when my stomach is very empty. and i chew gum. lots of it. keeps me focused and a good way to gauge my break times... (gum runs out of flavor and becomes chewy = take a break for a few minutes and pop in a new piece)

Members don't see this ad.

I like to spend a long day of studying at Panera or Atlant Bread Company eating grilled chicken sandwhiches and drinking countless free refills of coffee and sweet tea. <--- Yeah, I'm from the South. You guys don't know what you're missing.

I know this is weird, but if im pulling a late night studying I always crave McDonalds....something about those salty, soggy fries and those chicken McNuggets.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is weird, but if im pulling a late night studying I always crave McDonalds....something about those salty, soggy fries and those chicken McNuggets.

Yeah, I used to crave IHOP late at night, and McDonalds early in the morning. When I pulled all-nighters, I sometimes had both. Thank goodness for a really fast metabolism.

Yeah, I used to crave IHOP late at night, and McDonalds early in the morning. When I pulled all-nighters, I sometimes had both. Thank goodness for a really fast metabolism.

True dat.

Mountain Dew is always the best drink

Foodwise, if I had any Nacho Cheese Doritos, I always like those. If its a late night, I'll always drive to Taco Bell or the 24 hour greasy *** Mexican place down the road. Nothing like a huge burrito to enjoy at 3 in the morning.

Mountain Dew is always the best drink

Foodwise, if I had any Nacho Cheese Doritos, I always like those. If its a late night, I'll always drive to Taco Bell or the 24 hour greasy *** Mexican place down the road. Nothing like a huge burrito to enjoy at 3 in the morning.

Yeah but all that yellow 5 can't be good for your reproductive organs ;)

Drink: Budweiser
Food: Restaurant style Tostitos with Tostitos Medium Salsa

Man...you guys eat some pretty bad stuff.

lemon iced-tea, chips and salsa, popcorn. I'm not a cookie or chocolate person, but wheat thins are not too bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
an entire big bag of cheetos, an entire can of pringles and a huge bag of chocolate-covered pretzels. each night. no joke.

Monster Lo-Carb. Food doesn't matter :D

second that. forget food. food is for someone else.

lately, though, i have traded my raging energy-drink addiction for coffee again. either way, caffeine + water = me:eek:

twizzlers, cheetos (baked), sweet tea, chocolate covered raisins, unsalted cashews

Coffee.

Any snack with sugar. Pretzels

phd050708s.gif

clif bars, vitamin water, water, cafe americanos

Also a Jack Daniels fan - neat, with a diet coke back.

Chex mix.

I'm fairly certain that was an urban legend. ( http://www.snopes.com/medical/potables/mountaindew.asp )

Yeah probably, but I ain't taking no chances w/ my sausage and beans;)

no but yellow 5 does cause certain allergic reaction in people with varying effects form rashes to headaches to ulcers and what nots. I'm too tired to do a lit search on that right now, but do recalling a study or two abou this a while back.

Yeah probably, but I ain't taking no chances w/ my sausage and beans;)

no but yellow 5 does cause certain allergic reaction in people with varying effects form rashes to headaches to ulcers and what nots. I'm too tired to do a lit search on that right now, but do recalling a study or two abou this a while back.
My sister swears that her son (my nephew) is allergic to yellow 5. It gives him a rash and makes him off the walls wild.

edit: and no, mt. dew is not the only thing she's tested so save it.

My sister swears that her son (my nephew) is allergic to yellow 5. It gives him a rash and makes him off the walls wild.

how old is he? becuase that could either be very amusing or very scary.... :D

Food - Pringles Buffalo Chips

Drink - Jack Daniels

you pretty much wrapped it up for me... i normally have a solid jack and coke (or 6) after several hours of studying... i like to think of it like a runner training in the mountains.. if I make my brain cells work in a toxic environment, they will just work that much better.

Bawls + Subway/Chipotle

Honestly can't go wrong with that.

papa johns campus special (large 1topping for $10)- i always get pepperoni

and a coke or ginger ale

~i love how papa johns already knows my name, order, and credit card info after i give them my phone number. it makes me feel special :)

hot tamales and diet sunkist.

you pretty much wrapped it up for me... i normally have a solid jack and coke (or 6) after several hours of studying... i like to think of it like a runner training in the mountains.. if I make my brain cells work in a toxic environment, they will just work that much better.
Exactly, our brain cells, even as SDN premeds, need to be challenged from time to time...

I used to be allergic to yellow 5. It was horrible b/c I couldn't eat the red gummy bears (best ones). The allergy eventually went away.

Soda... I guess coke, if I have run out of coffee, but only because of the caffeine content

If you just want caffeine, diet coke has more (47mg) than regular coke (35mg).

You should however eat some form of sugar or carbs since your brain cannot process protein or fat and needs the sugar to function and for better memory/recall.

Don't know how you guys eat junk food, that stuff gives me a headache.

My list:
Fig Newtons, Oatmeal Cookies, Wheat Thins, Fruit, and tons of water.

This is a great thread! I would definitely have to second the tons of water : )

twizzlers beat red vines always.

I like red vines, but if I eat more than five at a time I get a stomach ache. Not with twizzlers I can down three packages and then go run a marathon. :D

:laugh:

I used to be allergic to yellow 5. It was horrible b/c I couldn't eat the red gummy bears (best ones). The allergy eventually went away.

When my brother was like 12, someone on his soccer team told him that yellow 5 would make your penis shrink. So for years he didn't eat anything with yellow 5 in it! :laugh:

Diet Coke.
Cheez balls.
... and I am all about the M&Ms (whichever is available at the time):love:

I like the dark chocolate M & Ms. I also like the peanut and regular ones.

Taco bell has been my long companion in my lonely cramming nights. I know is not healthy but is the only thing oven when i get hungry at 2 am the day before neuroscience test. And ofcourse caffeine is an unforgettable friend. :D

diet coke + h2o + now & laters =:love:

oh yeah...and red vines are better than twizzlers

Coconut Souffle with a pecan crust and chocolate center, rum sabayon, chocolate covered candied pecans.

Yum.

Then again, I'm in culinary school, so eating and studying are kinda related. :)

adderall.
jk.

COFFEEEEEEE :horns: