What's your favorite TV show?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AndyMilonakis said:
Ugh...I been hearing a lot about other shows that I'm not watching at the present moment such as Alias. Now there's this talk about Gilmore Girls. Bah screw it. I'm only following three shows at the moment. Can't follow anymore.

I pretty much top out at two. 24 and Survivor. I don't even watch new Simpsons episodes regularly anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

yaah said:
I pretty much top out at two. 24 and Survivor. I don't even watch new Simpsons episodes regularly anymore.
this is the first time where i am actually following 24 episode by episode, week by week. before, i would just wait for the boxed DVD set to come out and then watch the whole season over 2 days. the fact that i have to watch each 24 once a week actually aggravates me. i forget about what happened the week before by the time the next week rolls around. so that forces me to download these episodes and watch the previous episodes again right before the new episode. :mad:

AndyMilonakis said:
this is the first time where i am actually following 24 episode by episode, week by week. before, i would just wait for the boxed DVD set to come out and then watch the whole season over 2 days. the fact that i have to watch each 24 once a week actually aggravates me. i forget about what happened the week before by the time the next week rolls around. so that forces me to download these episodes and watch the previous episodes again right before the new episode. :mad:

If I could handle not watching it every week I would prefer this way as well, but when it is on I can't pass it up. I like to see the new episodes as they are aired.

Members don't see this ad :)
skoller said:
This week's Gilmore Girls was the Best. Episode. Ever. Too bad you missed it. Do you know about TWOP recaps? They're the next best thing to watching TV.
I've never been able to program my brain to remember that I have to actually sit down in front of a telly at 9pm on Fridays. I mean, it's 9pm! On a Friday!

Sounds like it was quite the plot :thumbup: :thumbup:

deschutes said:
I can tell you that public phones in the US don't accept Canadian quarters!

Vending machines too. Just a slight enough difference in weight or thickness.

deschutes said:
I can tell you that public phones in the US don't accept Canadian quarters!
Nor should they! :)

This reminds me of the Canadian flag on my luggage tag. Being new to this part of the world, I thought it was a neat thing to have (vs. the option of the neon yellow tag). I didn't realize that it was a political statement trotting about the US.

Flashback -
yaah: "She has a Canadian flag on her bag!"

Now I'm tired and sclerosed and just don't care :rolleyes:

deschutes said:
This reminds me of the Canadian flag on my luggage tag. Being new to this part of the world, I thought it was a neat thing to have (vs. the option of the neon yellow tag). I didn't realize that it was a political statement trotting about the US.
Unfortuantely, practically anything can be interpreted as a political statement in the US today.

deschutes said:

Flashback -

I also thought it was charming that you had a Canadian flag!

deschutes said:

Flashback -

It seems like anything Canadian is very noticeable and a good conversation starter. I'm originally from the US but went to McGill and EVERYTIME I wear a McGill shirt somebody comes up to talk to me that they are from Canada, went to McGill, know somebody that went there, etc. I do not have any other item of clothing that makes people come up and talk to me. :D

beary said:
It seems like anything Canadian is very noticeable and a good conversation starter. I'm originally from the US but went to McGill and EVERYTIME I wear a McGill shirt somebody comes up to talk to me that they are from Canada, went to McGill, know somebody that went there, etc. I do not have any other item of clothing that makes people come up and talk to me. :D

My Carleton College sweatshirt (Carleton is in minnesota) gets a lot of comments from random people at random times.

yaah said:
I also thought it was charming that you had a Canadian flag!
I thought the incredulity with which you surveyed the living area and said "It's clean" was quite genuinely charming :p I take it the elevator ride was a bit of a shock to the system.

~
Will I regret not acquiring a university sweatshirt? I already have a hockey jersey.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that Deadwood has begun its second season, I would like to recommend the show to everyone on the board. I was initially turned off by the "Old West" setting, but once I watched enough of it I realized how rich the character development and storyline is. So if anyone is looking for a new show to get addicted to, I heartily recommend Deadwood on HBO.

I have TiVo, so I watch everything. 6 years ago I didn't even own a TV, didn't have one in college. Got married and *wham* addicted to 2 soaps, the Simpsons, and some really lame stuff I am too ashamed to mention.

I drove all the way home just to catch 24. I too have TiVo but impatience took over. I will be driving back to work after the episode concludes :thumbdown:

AndyMilonakis said:
I drove all the way home just to catch 24. I too have TiVo but impatience took over. I will be driving back to work after the episode concludes :thumbdown:

Excellent...

I'm not really good with computers.... is it possible to fart and blow out a server? If so, sincerest apologies everyone. It was Mexican night here.

AndyMilonakis said:
Holy ****. The father of Corky Thatcher is on 24!!!!

I know! It rocks! I saw his name in the opening credits and I perked up and wondered what role he was going to play. Now we just have to get Corky in there.

And Becca. :love:

yaah said:
I know! It rocks! I saw his name in the opening credits and I perked up and wondered what role he was going to play. Now we just have to get Corky in there.

And Becca. :love:
"You hate me. You want me to die!"
"I can tie my shoes all by myself!"

Becca was hot!

PairODocs said:
I'm not really good with computers.... is it possible to fart and blow out a server? If so, sincerest apologies everyone. It was Mexican night here.

:laugh: SDN seems to go down quite a bit - more than any other server I frequent. I wonder why??!!

I just watched "Intervention" on A&E for the first time. It is one of the most depressing shows I have ever seen - about these drug addicts and how they ruined their lives. Now I am scared to take an aspirin.

I watch Seventh Heaven.

I was going to quit, but then Matt got into med school...... plus, I am waiting for Mary to come back.

PairODocs said:
I was going to quit, but then Matt got into med school......
umm...our mod was accepted to med school like 6 years ago...

Okay, so could someone update me on Lost? I watched last night and admit I am hooked. I gather that the plane crash survivors have various ongoing interpersonal dramas/romances, and occasional flashbacks to their previous lives, i.e. last night's ethical dilemma involving the surgeon dude and his drunk surgeon dad. And interspersed with these dramas is some kind of monster and/or crazy dude lurking in the jungle who is going around killing people. Am I missing anything?

cytoborg said:
Okay, so could someone update me on Lost? I watched last night and admit I am hooked. I gather that the plane crash survivors have various ongoing interpersonal dramas/romances, and occasional flashbacks to their previous lives, i.e. last night's ethical dilemma involving the surgeon dude and his drunk surgeon dad. And interspersed with these dramas is some kind of monster and/or crazy dude lurking in the jungle who is going around killing people. Am I missing anything?

http://www.tvtome.com/Lost/guide.html

also you can go to www.btefnet.org to download the latest episodes. you must have BitTorrent however, it's a free and easy download.

skoller said:
This week's Gilmore Girls was the Best. Episode. Ever. Too bad you missed it. Do you know about TWOP recaps? They're the next best thing to watching TV.
I finally got down to reading the recap instead of the recaplet. Three degrees of links later I'm reading about how a father told his 15 y/o daughter with no previous birds-bees talk experience to have oral sex instead of "real" sex. :eek:

deschutes said:
I finally got down to reading the recap instead of the recaplet. Three degrees of links later I'm reading about how a father told his 15 y/o daughter with no previous birds-bees talk experience to have oral sex instead of "real" sex. :eek:

I think that particular recapper suffers from bouts of tangential thinking...hmm, a budding schizophrenic, perhaps? That site is a great timewaster (almost as good as SDN). Some of the best recaps are of the worst shows, e.g., Seventh Heaven (that's OK, PairODocs, I used to watch it, too ;) ). I was a regular (though, like here, mostly a lurker) on the Buffy and Angel forums back in the day. *Sigh* Good times.

AndyMilonakis said:
Is it me or is Battlestar Galactica just not that good?

it's the horrible horrible truth. how sad!

strangelove (can't go wrong with flava), aqua teen, invader zim, rocko's modern life

i really liked the state and upright citizens brigade, too. mmm....reruns...

at times?! lots of times! that's quality sketch comedy. and brain candy - beautiful!