You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What's your most unique or unusual EC?
Started by skrolls
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Why? So you can steal our idea?What's your most unique or unusual EC?
Most unique/unusual: Vice president of my school's Krav Maga club. Especially since a lot of people don't know what Krav Maga is (it's an Israeli martial art).
Most important to me personally (also rather unique, I think): Marching band/pep band member and section leader.
Most important to me personally (also rather unique, I think): Marching band/pep band member and section leader.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay SDN detective - clever idea on how to identify posters.
Bravo
Bravo
Most unique and most important: spend the year fundraising and training for the Susan G. Komen 3 day walk which was last weekend. Our walking crew usually fundraises about $80,000 each year, then we walk 60 miles over 3 days to raise awareness for Breast Cancer.
Its a family tradition/legacy. My grandfather has been doing it for 15 years, my mom for 3, my dad for 4, and this was my 2nd year.
Sent from my A0001 using SDN mobile
Its a family tradition/legacy. My grandfather has been doing it for 15 years, my mom for 3, my dad for 4, and this was my 2nd year.
Sent from my A0001 using SDN mobile
Mine's more of a hobby. I enjoy challenging myself to take longer naps. 22 hours is the record for this year, but I hope to beat it soon.
One of my more unique ones is probably that I was a professional musician for a few years before joining the Navy.
What's your most unique or unusual EC?
I actually got into making soap early in my college career thanks to a coworker who showed me the process, and I actually sell some small amounts of my soap at our local farmer's market during the summer.
Oh really? What did you play?One of my more unique ones is probably that I was a professional musician for a few years before joining the Navy.
Oh really? What did you play?
I mostly played bass when gigging, with the occasional guitar or drums spot. For sessions, I played bass, guitar, drums, piano, mandolin, balalaika, some harmonica, and the occasional vocals.
ETA: I ended up playing drums in the marching band for my boot camp division. How I got roped into that is actually a pretty funny story.
Last edited:
Nice try, Dean. I'm onto you.What's your most unique or unusual EC?
I'm not that unique, but one of my main hobbies is crafting. I've been thinking of taking up candle and soap making and maybe finally opening an etsy shop. If I do end up doing that I'll probably donate some of the proceeds to a charity I like. Honestly, I just want to sell them to fund my crafting urges, lol. Craft supplies can be so expensive x_x
I'm also a big baker. I do that a lot at home as well as at the soup kitchen I volunteer at.
I'm also a big baker. I do that a lot at home as well as at the soup kitchen I volunteer at.
Did you play the flute? I kiddOne of my more unique ones is probably that I was a professional musician for a few years before joining the Navy.
Thanks for serving.
I'm a semi professional team roper who competes in rodeos. I compete weekly, give lessons, and train horses. During my first interview, I talked about roping for 3/4 of the time.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
underwater basketweaving
It's a real thing.
It's a real thing.
Speedflying
Endurance rock climbing.
Did you play the flute? I kidd
Thanks for serving.
That's more of an Air Force thing. And maybe submariners if deployment gets extended.
Not mine, but my roommate in college was a shark feeder/caretaker at a world renowned zoo throughout college and for a year after. Probably the most interesting EC I've heard of that wasn't just a hobby.
What's your job in the Navy?That's more of an Air Force thing. And maybe submariners if deployment gets extended.
What's your job in the Navy?
Didn't you hear? They got rid of our rates.
I'm a white male in my 20s.
That's as unique as I've got.
That's as unique as I've got.
Last edited:
What type of investing strategy does the club use value, arbitrage, momentum, HFT, growth and where does it play ? Forex, fixed income, stocks, private equity, commodities, real estate?Founded an investment club that manages several thousand dollars as a bio major with no official financial experience or education
Toured the east coast drumming for a popular reggae band.
Yup, totally. You caught me. Bravo.Why? So you can steal our idea?
Worked commercial fishing for about 6 months total, only white English speaker there.
Also a military sniper. Definitely talked about that a lot.
Also a military sniper. Definitely talked about that a lot.
im pretty good at the video gams i play...lots of money made
Worked commercial fishing for about 6 months total, only white English speaker there.
Also a military sniper. Definitely talked about that a lot.
Nice. Love the fishing stuff. I plan on talking heavily about the military.
e-sports?im pretty good at the video gams i play...lots of money made
i was only a kid in high school when i was hitting my stride but yeah.e-sports?
(un)fortunately i dropped it once in college though the industry is so much bigger now.
i say fortunately because it was more of an addiction than a passion during a darker time of my life
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's your rank then? 😉Didn't you hear? They got rid of our rates.
stahpWhat's your rank then? 😉
.
Last edited:
You can't just post stuff this funny online and *not* expect me to wake up my neighbors with my laughter.And maybe submariners if deployment gets extended.
What's your rank then? 😉
I'm the All-Emporer's personal physician/Skittles separator.
I am an E-5 though, so soon I'll get to boss all the other counters around.
7
787593
Does studying count?What's your most unique or unusual EC?
Poop hotdog eating contests.
I don't know if I can really weave this into an application but I maintain and modify 80s Scandinavian vehicles. I have a 275 horsepower wagon and another with an adapted 5-speed from a Fox body Mustang GT.
That's similar to one of mine. Starting since I got my provisional license (17) I've been doing HPDE's (track days) at various tracks in the northeast and midwest area. Aside from kart racers, I'm one of the youngest I know that has delved deep into this hobby, considering 16 is the bare minimum age you can do DEs (in a FULL sized car and not a go-kart). Thankfully my family's situation affords me the opportunity to waste money on this hobby, but it's definitely taught me a few lessons that can be applied to real life and not just cars.
I am interviewing for residencies, and believe me it will come up again then too. For whatever reason, admissions people are fascinated by folks who ran away into the woods for months at a time. Even if it happened years ago.I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail after undergrad. It's been brought up and talked about for at least 15 minutes during every interview that I've had.
I am interviewing for residencies, and believe me it will come up again then too. For whatever reason, admissions people are fascinated by folks who ran away into the woods for months at a time. Even if it happened years ago.
Well that's great to know! I could talk about it for hours haha
Well, my parents died when I was young, so I grew up with relatives, but right before middle school started, I got accepted to this school for people with special talents. I had to face a lot of hardships there, but those all paled in comparison to the time when my mentor died, because we had become very close. Then I had to battle this evil wiz--I mean man, this bad man, and, I don't want to brag, but I saved the world.
Scientific Illustrator/Artist
Ya can't steal my idea since it requires skillz 😀
Ya can't steal my idea since it requires skillz 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, my parents died when I was young, so I grew up with relatives, but right before middle school started, I got accepted to this school for people with special talents. I had to face a lot of hardships there, but those all paled in comparison to the time when my mentor died, because we had become very close. Then I had to battle this evil wiz--I mean man, this bad man, and, I don't want to brag, but I saved the world.
Batman? Magneto? Is that you?
dr. strange?Batman? Magneto? Is that you?
dr. strange?
No spoilers. Haven't seen.
Stop what you're doing and drive to a theatre near you. 5/5 would buy on dvd (and i don't own a dvd player).No spoilers. Haven't seen.