What's your most unique or unusual EC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard from the grapevein that one of the future matriculant to Columbia P and S was a 5'10 model who made at least half a mil doing international modeling work.

And she's supposedly single. There's gonna be a lucky dude out there. I am too old and settled with my ole lady for that ****.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
include it! working a real job is always well received. You should lookup books by Michael Collins, an orthopedic surgeon who worked in construction and demolition before applying to med school. One of his books was "blue collar blue scubs"

Hot Lights, Cold Steel is his book about residency, which is great. Blue Collar, Blue Scrubs is about his journey from rock thrower to physician. They are both good, but I felt a stronger connection to him through the latter also coming from working a blue collar, dangerous job.

I earned a grant from my undergrad's research foundation to film a documentary in Hawaii about fantasy gaming.

Members don't see this ad :)
I earned a grant from my undergrad's research foundation to film a documentary in Hawaii about fantasy gaming.
Translation: I took out an extra couple thousand in school loans to fly to Hawaii and ended up just recording myself playing WoW.

Reactions: 2 users
Translation: I took out an extra couple thousand in school loans to fly to Hawaii and ended up just recording myself playing WoW.
...No. The school funded the project 100%. Also, I did not play the game, I filmed the interviews/stock footage.

And who even plays WoW anymore? ;):p

Reactions: 1 users
...No. The school funded the project 100%. Also, I did not play they game, I filmed the interviews/stock footage.

And who even plays WoW anymore? ;):p
I'm kidding, that's pretty cool! I have no knowledge video games either haha

Reactions: 1 user
I'm kidding, that's pretty cool! I have no knowledge video games either haha
It actually wasn't for video games, it was for table top. Focused on the role of women in the culture, or lack-there-of.

Reactions: 1 users