When I go to med school I am going to miss....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BioMedResearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just complete the sentance with what you'll miss most!

Members don't see this ad.

... rock climbing, ice hockey, trail running - all the extracurricular athletic goodies that I love and will no longer have time for (or little time for!) :(

On the other hand, there's always wilderness medicine to tie the two together :)

Members don't see this ad :)
...having a paycheck every 2 weeks that i can waste 50% of on whatever i want.

...living in san francisco in a huge comfy room with a bay window.

...not having any work to do after 6pm.

Why do people think that life ends once medical school begins?? Yea you have to study alot but if it was 24/7 studying, more people would drop out or not even attempt it. Honestly, I'm not a med student yet so I don't know but if people are capable of being married (successfully) and raising children during med school, how can you not find the time to sleep, watch tv, and play sports?? Sure you can't do it everyday, but isn't it all about managing your time wisely?

...my friends from undergrad

...not being in debt

!!!LSU FOOTBALL!!!

a social life that does not resemble that of a wealthy suburban high school

doing absolutely no work and drinking beer practically everyday. This last semester of senior year is definitely spoiling me.

..pretty girls.

Members don't see this ad :)
my life as I know it.

Golfing whenever I feel like it.

Money

In all probability...I will probably never get into medical school. But if I ever do manage to get into a US allopathic school, I will miss going to the gym 2-3 times/week and just making time to waste time with my roommate (playing football on Memorial Glade, wasting time reading threads on SDN after a long day of doing labwork, etc). There are just those little comforts in life that I'll miss if they were taken from me...SDN is one of those comforts. It's nice to see others are suffering from classes...just like I am. :)

The Rocky Mountains.

Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
In all probability...I will probably never get into medical school. But if I ever do manage to get into a US allopathic school, I will .....

Will you knock it off with that routine? We all know you're like the smartie pants here so quit goin' for the sympathy....you are gonna pay for this in shots, young man.

I'm gonna miss being spontaneous and whimsical.

If I get into medical school, I think the things I will miss are some of the professors and friends of mine that I have come to hold in high high regards over time and the things I will value are the life lessons I learned from them.

However, I believe Med school will have its fun times and parties too. Only in medical school the parties come after every exam is over or at national conventions for AMSA or AMA student sector and so forth.

Actually I talked to a daughter of a DO that founded a DO school in Oklahoma, or partly found it. Anyhow, she was telling me that her dad was telling her that he partied more in med school than he ever did as an undergrad. Only difference is they waited til every major exam was over and then partied in celebration of passing it or getting it over with.

..pretty girls.

Not if you go to the same med school as me:D :D :D
JK....but in all seriousness, we have already discussed this before.
what could be more pretty or beautiful or attractive than a person who has dedicated their life to healing and helping others???????

Definately sleep.:sleep:
I'm an 8+hr/nighter, not sure how I'll survive. Also wasting time by watching endless episodes of Buffy on DVD.:D

hmmm . . . I'm going to miss going to the beach in Feb, corn beef and cabage at The Field, making margaritas and abandoning homework to watch Must See TV Thursday with my roomies, spontaneous giggle fits/absolute mental breakdowns with said roomates during finals week, but most of all I think I'm just going to miss my roomates who are my bestest-best friends (narcolepsy, nepotism . . . ;) )

Originally posted by vegangirl
what could be more pretty or beautiful or attractive than a person who has dedicated their life to healing and helping others???????

What could be more pretty or beautiful than a person who has dedicated their life to healing?

36c's =)

Originally posted by vegangirl

and what school exactly do you go to? :D

I'll miss having a regular income. I don't mind the sacrifice of living off of loans, but it's nice to live free and clear.

Originally posted by dtreese
I'll miss having a regular income. I don't mind the sacrifice of living off of loans, but it's nice to live free and clear.

Amen.

Originally posted by TTSD
What could be more pretty or beautiful than a person who has dedicated their life to healing?

36c's =)

hmm... no wonder you're lonely.

....watching episodes of 24 over and over again (I never saw the first season on TV, so I've watched 12 episodes on DVD in the last 5 days.....something tells me I won't have time for this brainless activity in med school):rolleyes:

absolutely nothing. I can't wait!

...sleeping, my college-friends, boyfriend, cheap eats in SF, and most importantly CALIFORNIA

I plan on doing the same things I do now, just alot less of it, and more studying. I don't think I would ever give up things I have fun doing.

I'll miss snowboarding 50+ times every winter and slacking in school.+pity+ +pity+ +pity+