When is the ideal time to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nlashkar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows when the ideal time to send in an application to pharmacy school would be? I'm applying to California schools only and I know that these are rolling admissions. I was hoping to submit my application early August. Do you think this is too late to submit? Would this affect my chances of getting into these schools?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows when the ideal time to send in an application to pharmacy school would be? I'm applying to California schools only and I know that these are rolling admissions. I was hoping to submit my application early August. Do you think this is too late to submit? Would this affect my chances of getting into these schools?

Thanks!

August will be perfectly fine. I don't think you'll be in risky territory until late October, with a lot of deadlines around November and such.

The earlier the better, of course, like you said. If a school is rolling admissions and opened apps (PharmCAS) in June and supps in July, August will obviously be A-OK =]

Members don't see this ad :)
NOW! And for your top schools, I would recommend having your supplementals in by no later than mid August...not all CA schools are rolling (Western for example) but I found that applying before the early acceptance deadlines was a good marker even if you're not going for early acceptance. To apply alongside those applicants looks really good