Jul 18, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows when the ideal time to send in an application to pharmacy school would be? I'm applying to California schools only and I know that these are rolling admissions. I was hoping to submit my application early August. Do you think this is too late to submit? Would this affect my chances of getting into these schools?

Thanks!

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows when the ideal time to send in an application to pharmacy school would be? I'm applying to California schools only and I know that these are rolling admissions. I was hoping to submit my application early August. Do you think this is too late to submit? Would this affect my chances of getting into these schools?

Thanks!

August will be perfectly fine. I don't think you'll be in risky territory until late October, with a lot of deadlines around November and such.

The earlier the better, of course, like you said. If a school is rolling admissions and opened apps (PharmCAS) in June and supps in July, August will obviously be A-OK =]

About the Ads

Okie7123

Oregon St. Pharm Student
10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2008
Fullerton, CA
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
NOW! And for your top schools, I would recommend having your supplementals in by no later than mid August...not all CA schools are rolling (Western for example) but I found that applying before the early acceptance deadlines was a good marker even if you're not going for early acceptance. To apply alongside those applicants looks really good

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads