1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When it is too late for secondaries?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BlueJayBill, Sep 25, 2002.

1. BlueJayBill

BlueJayBill Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

I was just concerned when it became "late" to turn in secondaries to the point which you are at a disadvantage in the application process. I got my AMCAS veried and transmitted in Mid August, and I'm still working on my secondaries.. Everthing else is in minus the secondaries.. (got 5 left...)

-Bill

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mike59

Mike59 Sweatshop FP in Ontario
    7+ Year Member

This board is not a reflection of the real premed world, so don't be intimidated by the early secondary rush.

Most schools have secondary deadlines of November or December, so just check with each one. If you are a strong applicant, take your time and do a good job with each secondary. If all your 2aries are in by the deadline, you'll surely get some interviews still.

If you are a weak/mediocre applicant, I'd start hussling to try and get em in by October. Your top choice applications should be complete in the next couple of weeks, especially if you are Aug MCATer.