When Oxygen is too expensive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted682700

‘It’s a massacre’: At least 30 children die in Indian hospital after oxygen is cut off

When everything goes up for sale and the government facilities / dont care, the vulture capitalists are let loose on unsuspecting uneducated masses this is what happens. In every government run pediatric hospital in India there are armed police protecting the hospital employees from preventable deaths

Members don't see this ad.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information in the article about what actually happened. From what I gathered, the hospital was very far behind on payments for the oxygen and the supplier had given warnings that they were going to discontinue shipments. Then it says the hospital admin claimed they had enough backup from other local sources? Enough for what, and for how long?

It sounds like the blame here lies squarely with the hospital administrators. I'm confused by your rant about vulture capitalists.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
‘It’s a massacre’: At least 30 children die in Indian hospital after oxygen is cut off

When everything goes up for sale and the government facilities / dont care, the vulture capitalists are let loose on unsuspecting uneducated masses this is what happens. In every government run pediatric hospital in India there are armed police protecting the hospital employees from preventable deaths
"Vulture capitalists?" What is the oxygen supplier supposed to do, just keep providing oxygen for free indefinitely? They'd go out of business, and then no one would have oxygen.

Reactions: 1 users
the government shouldve stepped in and helped w O2 before this happened
Yeah, let's look to Venezuela for a great example of what happens when the government runs supply chains. Even in countries with socialized medicine, oxygen is a private commodity for a reason.

Hey, when you've got nothing for fever you've got to bring that temp down somehow

unless is dangerously high, just leave it. 40 min of cold shower is a lot of water. dont they need to save water or something. and tylenol lowers central temp. so w cold shower your set point is still raised so you'll just be shivering all day afterwards. and he's probably washing away beneficial skin flora.

But wow doctors working for 12 cents a hour!

Last edited:
unless is dangerously high, just leave it. 40 min of cold shower is a lot of water. dont they need to save water or something. and tylenol lowers central temp. and he's probably washing away beneficial skin flora
it most likely was dangerously high. I was thinking an ice bath would probably be better, but they may not have that much ice, either.

Reactions: 1 user
unless is dangerously high, just leave it. 40 min of cold shower is a lot of water. dont they need to save water or something. and tylenol lowers central temp. so w cold shower your set point is still raised so you'll just be shivering all day afterwards. and he's probably washing away beneficial skin flora.

But wow doctors working for 12 cents a hour!
Who said they weren't severe fevers? Water is one thing you can get fairly easily if you're willing to use non-potable water, and if it's all you've got...

it most likely was dangerously high. I was thinking an ice bath would probably be better, but they may not have that much ice, either.
They don't even have air conditioning or disinfectant to clean stretchers- I talked with a girl from Venezuela that was taking her Step 1 the same day as me, basically sounded like a nightmare.