Medical When should I sent updates about new publications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am in a little bit of a tricky spot. I submitted my primary and then immediately after a paper where I am second author got accepted so I wrote about it for some schools that had the optional "anything else essay". Now I was fortunate enough to have another mid-author paper published and am pretty close, I would say a month max according to my PI, from having a third paper published. My question is when should I update schools about these publications? Should I update them now that I have 2 or wait a month and hopefully add a third? Also, an abstract that I am the second author on recently was accepted to a conference, is this worth putting in the update letter? I have been doing research for almost 5 years now and coincidentally these papers got published right after my submission. Thank you for your guidance!
I would update now with all of the current updates rather than waiting for maybe 1 more. That 1 more can be added in/discussed in interviews IMO.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! Would you advise me to also talk about the abstract or just keep it short and sweet with the papers?

I would stick to the full manuscripts. You only have a limited amount of time with the interviewer(s) and you don’t want to make the entire interview about research. You want to make them aware that you have published work, but don’t drown them in it. Make sure they know the cookies and don’t focus on the crumbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.