When taking the pat portion can u touch the monitor screen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering i'm kinda new to this pat thing. I was wondering like for the pat angle ranking can one use finger and touch the screen? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi there, first of all, welcome to SDN, its always great to have new people!

yes, you can touch the screen, i'm not sure how that would help you really, but I have heard of people that use the mouse thing as a measurement thing, and their fingers for something else, etc. Whatever you think will help you do better. Good luck!

Thanks for da info. Yea i've figured a way to make the angle ranking a bit easier with using fingers to get some of them right at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I took the DAT, the proctor told me that I can not touch or place anything on the screen. She said that if I did, I would invalidate my test. There maybe a miscommunication with between the ADA and the Prometric centers. If I were you, I would call the testing center where you plan on taking the DAT.

edkNARF said:
When I took the DAT, the proctor told me that I can not touch or place anything on the screen. She said that if I did, I would invalidate my test. There maybe a miscommunication with between the ADA and the Prometric centers. If I were you, I would call the testing center where you plan on taking the DAT.
Yup, you're right - it seems to come down to the center you take the test at. If I remember correctly, Kaplan suggests practicing with your fingers or a piece of paper to "extend the lines."

Typo said:
Yup, you're right - it seems to come down to the center you take the test at. If I remember correctly, Kaplan suggests practicing with your fingers or a piece of paper to "extend the lines."
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 24/24/23

Thanks for the info i'll call em up.

Typo youve got some sick scores. How long did u study for the test. and What was your major?

edkNARF said:

wow, thats weird, my testing center in columbus was fine with touching the screen. This is the first time i've heard about this. I agree with edkNARF, I think you should call them before hand just so you know what to expect...good luck!

I took mine at the penn station place in New York City. I touched the screen once, and then the proctor came in and she said if you touch it once more you are out of here!! But then I know of people who have touched the screen. It all depends on your proctor.

DrTacoElf said:
At my center they didn't seem to care, but touching the screen woudln't have helped me much becuase the resolution was so horrid anyway.

I teared a little corner piece of paper and make markings on it for angle ranking. It works!

Qarmonist said:
Thanks for da info. Yea i've figured a way to make the angle ranking a bit easier with using fingers to get some of them right at least.

Hi, could you please tell me how to use your fingers for angle ranking on the DAT. My email is [email protected]. I would seriously appreciate it. Thanxs

jk5177 said:
I teared a little corner piece of paper and make markings on it for angle ranking. It works!

Hi, can you please tell me exactly what you mean so I can do it too. I scored to low on the PAT so please help
My email is [email protected]

I took the DAT twice, and the first time I took the test, I touched the screen and I got heckled by the administration secretary. Stated I couldn't touch the screen. what a biatch.

Second time, I asked about touching the screen, becuase we had this debate a many a time before on SDN. This person said, it didn't matter as long as you were not putting a piece of paper or pencil near the screen. But we could touch the screen with our fingers all we wanted.

I guess the moral of the story, is too ask before heading into the testing room. In reality it just depends on the employee running you're test.

hope this helps.

HD

Well you just take your fingers and use it same way as a paper. Just place one finger on one angle and another on another and make the best judgement. It helps a lot more than just staring at it. Ohhh if we could use paper then thats a lot better than finger as one of u said above. What if u go to take the test and the proctor says no, can you cancle the test right there. Cause like someone said even if u call and the person u called says yes and you end up with a different proctor on test day then he or she may tell you not to touch the screen. +pissed+