When to contact the program to show interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pisiform

Oh Crap!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So during the interviews, there were few program directors who told me that if you are really interested in coming to our program, let me know at the end of the interview season.

So my question is what is the end of interview season in DO world? I know deadline for ROL is Jan 20th but when should I contact him, I don't want to send the email too early or too late

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So during the interviews, there were few program directors who told me that if you are really interested in coming to our program, let me know at the end of the interview season.

So my question is what is the end of interview season in DO world? I know deadline for ROL is Jan 20th but when should I contact him, I don't want to send the email too early or too late

Thanks
Are you done with interviews? Then the season is over.

Yes almost, this is my last week

its not when YOU finish interviews, it matters when THE PROGRAM finishes interviews and sits for ranking. Usually its in the latter half of january to first 2 weeks of feb. A good time might be around Jan 20-25, unless its a prematch program. You can also make a point that u are interested in the post IV communication email first, have your mentors call your top 3 programs and talk for u.

its not when YOU finish interviews, it matters when THE PROGRAM finishes interviews and sits for ranking. Usually its in the latter half of january to first 2 weeks of feb. A good time might be around Jan 20-25, unless its a prematch program. You can also make a point that u are interested in the post IV communication email first, have your mentors call your top 3 programs and talk for u.

That's what I thought too. I am done with IV but I know they aren't yet. So I just sent an email reiterating that I love their program and happy holidays. And then later after holidays, 3 weeks before submitting ROL I will send email that you are my number 1

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile