When to retake my 33 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

S.T.D MD

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I took the old MCAT a little over a year ago and scored a 33. I really think I rushed my MCAT preparation and scored less than I am capable of. I am thinking about taking it again this summer during applications. To study thoroughly, I think I would need a good 4 months (I'm working full time.) So my question is would an August MCAT retake be too late for this application cycle? Would schools actually consider my new score?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Hello everyone,

I took the old MCAT a little over a year ago and scored a 33. I really think I rushed my MCAT preparation and scored less than I am capable of. I am thinking about taking it again this summer during applications. To study thoroughly, I think I would need a good 4 months (I'm working full time.) So my question is would an August MCAT retake be too late for this application cycle? Would schools actually consider my new score?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Don't retake a 33...

/thread
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is absolutely no need to re-take a 33. There are more than enough schools (wide variety) that will accept your score now. If the rest of your application is in order you should have no problem applying come this June...
 
Unless you're from an unlucky state, e.g., California, that MCAT should get you into your state school as long as the rest of your application is in order.
 
Thanks for the input guys, I will definitely reconsider my decision to retake it.

My current score is slightly unbalanced (11/9/13), with the 9 being in Verbal Reasoning.

It just sucks because I crammed all of my studying into one month and now I have a score that I don't think is representative of my capability.

Oh well, I guess I'll put my energy into something more constructive.
 
Thanks for the input guys, I will definitely reconsider my decision to retake it.

My current score is slightly unbalanced (11/9/13), with the 9 being in Verbal Reasoning.

It just sucks because I crammed all of my studying into one month and now I have a score that I don't think is representative of my capability.

Oh well, I guess I'll put my energy into something more constructive.
9 is fine.
 
Thanks for the input guys, I will definitely reconsider my decision to retake it.

My current score is slightly unbalanced (11/9/13), with the 9 being in Verbal Reasoning.

It just sucks because I crammed all of my studying into one month and now I have a score that I don't think is representative of my capability.

Oh well, I guess I'll put my energy into something more constructive.
yes put that energy into something constructive like writing a kick a$$ personal statement and prewriting some secondaries
 
If you retake that perfectly fine score, Goro will reach through the electrons and smack you upside the head.

The trans-electron slap of ancient legend...many speak of it but none have bore witness...perhaps because none have lived to tell the tale...


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad