This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsk2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the general timing for submitting the primary app. I got my transcripts and MCAT score verified on AACOMAS and I'm working on the application right now. I'm almost done, but should I wait until the beginning of June? I heard that they don't start reviewing primaries until June 15th, is that true?

Regarding the letters of recommendation, my school does committee letters and said that my letter would be completed late june/early july, would I still be on time?

Members don't see this ad.

Would like to know this also. Is it like MD where you have to submit your primary june 1st or what? What is still considered "early" for aacomas?

DO cycle runs much longer than MD cycle. I submitted my primaries already and was verified 5/21. That's still super early, but I've been anxiously anticipating and waiting for this moment for years, haha. Make sure you put in quality effort into your app. I submitted and got verified without my letters, and just added them a few days later.

The DO schools don't start sending out secondaries until mid June/July and interviews usually don't start until September. Most MD schools are already sending interview invited by mid July. Good luck this cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
The rule of thumb for DO schools is to submit your primary prior to thanksgiving. As for MD schools, you want to have them in as soon as possible, but definitely before Labor Day.

Reactions: 1 users