When will I start hearing back about IIs/Rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theNDhopeful44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If my application was complete at most of my medical schools on 7/27 (my ugrad takes a long time to send committee letters unfortunately), when should I expect to start hearing back about IIs and rejections? It's making me uncomfortable seeing so many people on SDN hearing back and I'm just here like :eek:.

I've already heard back from GWU– they put me on hold.

LizzyM = 70.2. Stats are 3.82/3.78, and 512 (130/124/128/130). Research, 900+ hours of nonclinical volunteering, and 650+ hours of clinical volunteering/shadowing.

List:
Ohio State
Toledo
Wright St.
NEOMED
Cincinnati
Albany
NYMC
SUNY Downstate
George Washington
Georgetown
Rush
Quinnipiac
Creighton
Temple
Wake Forest
MCW
Tufts
Wayne State
Rosalind Franklin
CWRU
CCLCM
Einstein
Columbia
BU
Harvard
Brown
Dartmouth
Emory
NYU

Members don't see this ad.

This is school specific and no one is going to be able to give you generalities. Even when it comes down to specific schools, no one can tell you around when your app will be evaluated.

The only thing that can even give you half of a clue is looking on all of the school specific threads to see what date others get responses and when they were complete, but depending on the school that might not mean anything since some prioritize in other ways.

At this point, you got your app in pretty early, and you no longer have control until you get those IIs. It's still early, and a lot of your schools on your list haven't given out any interviews yet. Relax until you get your emails.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait your turn in line like everyone else. the cycle really doesn't get amped up until after Labor Day.

Applying to these schools will be a donation:

Columbia
Harvard
Brown
NYU

If my application was complete at most of my medical schools on 7/27 (my ugrad takes a long time to send committee letters unfortunately), when should I expect to start hearing back about IIs and rejections? It's making me uncomfortable seeing so many people on SDN hearing back and I'm just here like :eek:.

I've already heard back from GWU– they put me on hold.

LizzyM = 70.2. Stats are 3.82/3.78, and 512 (130/124/128/130). Research, 900+ hours of nonclinical volunteering, and 650+ hours of clinical volunteering/shadowing.

List:
Ohio State
Toledo
Wright St.
NEOMED
Cincinnati
Albany
NYMC
SUNY Downstate
George Washington
Georgetown
Rush
Quinnipiac
Creighton
Temple
Wake Forest
MCW
Tufts
Wayne State
Rosalind Franklin
CWRU
CCLCM
Einstein
Columbia
BU
Harvard
Brown
Dartmouth
Emory
NYU

Reactions: 1 users
I received an II in march!
Also got two in february and attended both, so i was hearing from schools up until West Virginia rejected me off their waitlist since school had started. XD