when you found out you got in, how did you react ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was driving in my *technologically savvy*~~ car when I saw an unknown number from Boston. The rest is as follows;
Me: "HELLO???????
Dean: "Hi Svalley, this is Dean N from Tufts University."
Me: "HI DEAN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" {manic giggling ensued}
Dean: "*chuckles* I think you know why I am calling..."
Me: {yelling, screeching, ugly cry laughing for 15 seconds while swerving in my lane}
Siri: "When possible...make a legal U-turn."
Dean: "Welcome to the family, drive safely."

What a day :laugh:
:biglove::biglove::rofl::rofl:best one by far!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Reading this thread gave me motivation to go to my next class lol
Thanks guys!

Reactions: 5 users
Happened this morning.. was sleeping at work and received a phone call from an OOS zip code. Instantly jumped up and tried to sound awake, I don't remember who called me, but they spent about 3 minutes talking about the application process and how they couldn't notify me until after October 15...In my head I am like "c'mon get to the point!". Hung up then I screamed, pumped my fist and said "**** yeah". After it hit me I was a little emotional when thinking of the seven years it has taken me to get to this point, and finally realizing a dream I have had since I was 8.

Pretty cool.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I slapped myself to make sure I wasnt dreaming again. Then proceeded to fap and nap.

Reactions: 11 users
Said "WHAT" then ran into a door on my way to go tell my boss.

Still shaking.

Again - WHAT

Reactions: 13 users
Also as a reapplicant this felt ****ing amazing. No more uncertainty, looming reapplication, or questioning your entire life.

Reactions: 17 users
I re-read the email multiple times before i realized that i got accepted. Once it hit me, i was beyond ecstatic. It is an amazing feeling knowing that your dream is coming true!

And then i had some wine.

Reactions: 2 users
I yelled and re-read the email over and over to make sure this was real. This was 15mins after receiving a call from another school that accepted me. It is double the joy and I'm still on a cloud.

I was stuck at a very long red light (driving to another interview) and took a quick glance at my phone. Then I was screaming and crying and trying to calm down before I had to start driving again. For a second there I thought I would have a heart attack. What an adrenaline rush!

Reactions: 10 users
The email didn't screw around. No "status update" stuff. It said directly, "You have been accepted to..."

I refreshed the page. I didn't believe what I was reading. I logged online, read the Dean's acceptance letter, and saw her signature on the page. Couldn't believe after over 10 years of working towards this, that I finally made it.

Got up from my desk at work. Walked down the hallway. My boss walks by me, and I scream "HI J!" without realizing what I was doing.

Left my office. Got on the phone. Called my best buddy first because he gives me **** all the time. Then called dad and mom.

The old man and I were tearful on the phone. The mom was ecstatic. Texted everyone else close to me.

Then I logged on here and flipped a ****.

Quickly I, in the middle of my work day, went to a bar and had myself 2 pints and some pastries, and I ate a garbage load of ice cream later that evening.

Dreams come true! Still walking on cloud nine. I swear I started walking an inch taller from yesterday until today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
this thread is the BEST. keep it coming, guys!

Reactions: 1 users
I slammed shut my microbiology book, quit studying for my micro exam, and grabbed a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
crack that book back open

once you start medical school, you'll be glad you learned it once already before

I found out the day I was about to start studying for the MCAT again. I woke up at 8:30, looked at my phone and saw a missed call and voicemail. Lo and behold it was my acceptance! Starting laughing, crying, hugging my wife etc. Quickly realized I needed to call because technically they hadn't said I was accepted on the voicemail so then I got nervous again. Called back and got the real good news. After calling family and friends I starting throwing my MCAT books on the ground haha

Let out the hugest sigh of relief of all time

Reactions: 1 user
Also as a reapplicant this felt ****ing amazing. No more uncertainty, looming reapplication, or questioning your entire life.
as a fellow reapplicant, agreed. i remember how sad i was last year with no acceptances and no interviews past august2015 :(, thinking the same result could've occurred again. now im accepted to where i did my undergrad! so happy :)

Reactions: 4 users
I was stuck at a very long red light (driving to another interview) and took a quick glance at my phone. Then I was screaming and crying and trying to calm down before I had to start driving again. For a second there I thought I would have a heart attack. What an adrenaline rush!
So happy for you.

I was in NOLA, signing a lease to live there and go to Tulane, when the Utah admissions dean called me. So I didn't sign the lease.

I was literally in another interview when I got the acceptance email from my #1 pick... needless to say the interview went great after that, they probably thought I was on crack

Reactions: 13 users
I was heading into class when I saw the email and thought I was going to have a heart attack. Tried to call my parents but I was literally shaking from adrenaline so it took me several tries, and then neither one answered the phone. Called my boyfriend and he told me, "I can tell you're walking around campus with the goofiest smile on your face." I saw some friends across campus while I was on the phone and definitely waved much more emphatically than socially acceptable.

I hope all of you get to experience this happiness and relief!

Last edited:
A little late to the 10/17 acceptance party, but I dropped my sister off for a meeting and pulled into a Dunkin Donuts (the premiere place to receive big news). Felt a weird premonition that, if I checked my e-mail, I'd have my answer. Checked my phone, acceptance e-mail there. Froze for a second, screamed in my car, and proceeded to bang on everything. Jumped out of the car, collapsed under the nearest tree giggling like a schoolgirl, called my dad to tell him the news. Proceed to call other family members, text friends, almost forgot to pick my sister up from her meeting. Let my sister (who is a big It's Always Sunny fan) know I got accepted by "showing her my answer e-mail", and instead showing her a picture of Dr. Mantis Toboggan. She knew what it meant.

Edit: The next day, I told one of the doctors I work with. He said, "Congratulations, now you actually have to go." ;)

Last edited:
TBH I didn't have a major freakout reaction like I thought I would. Just a big grin on my face for the rest of the day, and plenty of booze that night ;)

A few days later I'll say that the big thing is I finally feel like myself again. I feel like I can pay attention in class, get my job done at work, interact with my friends, etc. The size of the cloud hanging over my head the past year or so was bigger than I think I even realized.

Reactions: 8 users
Woooo, I got in guys!! Woke up to acceptance email the morning after my interview :love:

Reactions: 15 users
These posts never fail to make my day :)

Okay, here's mine. (Not quite as wild as some; I'm a bit boring, and was actually still getting over the flu when It came.)

I was agonizing over the weekend, wondering if the med schools would ever call. And on Monday, I got a call from the first one. They called to tell me, "Congratulations, you are in the top half of our waitlist!" So I was bummed and I literally boycotted my phone and email for 24 hours. (As a reapplicant, my experience on medical school waitlists has not, thus far, been very thrilling).

Then, on Tuesday, my sister noticed that I hadn't been obsessively checking my phone/email for quite a while. In fact, I didn't even have my phone with me. She told me to snap out of it and go check. I went upstairs and grabbed the phone and...no missed calls. As a last resort, I checked my email...and there was the acceptance from my top choice. I started screaming bloody murder. Then my mom started screaming. Then my sister started screaming. And then I texted/called all of my friends and my boss, popped a bottle of champagne, and hugged my cat.

Reactions: 17 users
I was actually scheduled for an interview on Monday when I knew that news would come from one school I interviewed at. Because of that I asked my partner to check my e-mail and let me know my status. During the campus tour portion of the interview near the end of the day I was able to sneak a glance at my phone and see that he had texted me about a million times and lots of those text had smiley faces. I figured it was good news but couldn't confirm so for the rest of the campus tour I walked around in a stupor and had to concentrate so that I wouldn't burst into tears. When I got to my car I called him and cried hysterically over the phone. It was kind of nuts.

Reactions: 6 users
A little late to the 10/17 acceptance party, but I dropped my sister off for a meeting and pulled into a Dunkin Donuts (the premiere place to receive big news). Felt a weird premonition that, if I checked my e-mail, I'd have my answer. Checked my phone, acceptance e-mail there. Froze for a second, screamed in my car, and proceeded to bang on everything. Jumped out of the car, collapsed under the nearest tree giggling like a schoolgirl, called my dad to tell him the news. Proceed to call other family members, text friends, almost forgot to pick my sister up from her meeting. Let my sister (who is a big It's Always Sunny fan) know I got accepted by "showing her my answer e-mail", and instead showing her a picture of Dr. Mantis Toboggan. She knew what it meant.

Edit: The next day, I told one of the doctors I work with. He said, "Congratulations, now you actually have to go." ;)

The real question is, did you end up ordering anything at Dunks? And if so, what? ;)

Congrats!!!

I got the call yesterday morning, but I feel like it still hasn't kicked in. I went so deep down the premed rabbit hole that I'm just like...what now?

Reactions: 7 users
Happened yesterday and I was at work and checking my email every 30 minutes or maybe every 5 minutes or so. I got an email from one of my top choices and saw in the first line "Admissions Committee has reviewed your application favorably for an acceptance" and just completely lost my breath and couldn't breathe. Started to tear up and walked around aimlessly, telling my boss and coworkers that I just got into medical school. Called my parents, family members, and texted my friends. My conversation with my dad was the only time I ever heard him start to cry. When I got home, I downed a bottle of wine with my roommates, splurged on Indian food (chicken korma and garlic naan mmmmmm) and cookie dough ice cream. This morning I woke up and started to tear up again when I realized I didn't have to worry about uncertainty, rejections, interviews, reapplying, etc., because I'm going to be a ****ing doctor.

Okay so it's Monday the 17th, and I am slowly becoming a nervous wreck at work. I know I am supposed to hear back from one of my top choices and I keep checking my phone for a call (and hearing phantom buzzing!!), but I *barely* have cell reception in my office and my phone keeps saying No Service and I am freaking out. I am driving myself totally crazy refreshing my email and checking my phone so when my mom texts me that she is in the area and asks if I had time for lunch, I jump at the chance to leave my office for a bit. I assume she was trying to distract me but it turns out she had forgotten I was supposed to hear back and the invitation was completely random.

So we get to the restaurant and we are sitting down and the waitress comes to ask our drink order and I'm about to answer when I see that I'm getting a call from out of state. So of course I freak out and pick up, and barely get through introductions before I burst into tears and give my mom a thumbs up. So then my mom screams a little and of course, the waitress is still standing there bewildered (still waiting for our drink orders) while I am crying and trying to remain composed enough to talk about my acceptance and scholarship. I am in a little bit of a daze on the phone while my mom apologizes to the waitress and the neighboring tables for all the weeping (and of course does a little bragging).

My mom then texted literally everyone she knows. I had a fancy mocktail in celebration and went back to work. It was great.

Reactions: 6 users
It was a few days ago when I was in a taxi on my way to the airport coming from another interview. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey was playing when I got the call that I was accepted with a full ride. Was smiling and giggling like a crazy person through the entire airport security line.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
I said "thank you, I'm so excited" and tried to sound like I wasn't crying (which I definitely was). Then I had to get back to work, so I quickly texted parents/ close friends and tried to make it through the rest of the day, while my patients tried to figure out why I had a maniacal smile plastered to my face.

Reactions: 2 users
10/17

In the morning I was an absolute wreck. I knew that I was supposed to hear back from a few schools. Cue out of state phone call:

Me: Hello?

Dean: Congratulations, you have been admitted to --

Me: *starts crying hysterically* Shut up, just shut up. (Imagine Anne Hathaway from princess diaries)

Dean: *Chuckles* and we are giving you $$$ to help you fund your education!

I then proceeded to accidentally hang up on the dean and had to sheepishly call back.

Congrats everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
10/17

In the morning I was an absolute wreck. I knew that I was supposed to hear back from a few schools. Cue out of state phone call:

Me: Hello?

Dean: Congratulations, you have been admitted to --

Me: *starts crying hysterically* Shut up, just shut up. (Imagine Anne Hathaway from princess diaries)

Dean: *Chuckles* and we are giving you $$$ to help you fund your education!

I then proceeded to accidentally hang up on the dean and had to sheepishly call back.

Congrats everyone!
Congrats!
They already offered you money ? What school was this if you dont mind me asking.

Congrats!
They already offered you money ? What school was this if you dont mind me asking.

Are you notified of scholarships sooner than financial aid? Sounds like a few people were informed of those right away!

Are you notified of scholarships sooner than financial aid? Sounds like a few people were informed of those right away!

They offered me a pretty generous scholarship! I haven't turned in my FA.

I cried this morning and then started jumping up and down dancing.... quite a scene

I've got a while before I even apply, but my plan is to play it cool, then casually mention it to my wife while we're relaxing and watch her freak the F out. :wideyed:

I had to call to double check with admissions to make sure the email wasn't a glitch or an error!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I'm a reapplicant who got 0 II's last year so I've been looking forward to posting to this thread for a long time. I had received two failed calls earlier from a number from a weird area code. They called a third time, and I thought it was a telemarketer or something, but I decided to answer for the heck of it. Turns out it my acceptance call! I don't remember much of the conversation after that. Today has been a great day. :soexcited:

Reactions: 24 users
I re-read the email 1o times, did a fist pump, and wore a smile for the rest of the day

Reactions: 4 users
I ran to the bathroom of my work so that I could cry of happiness and ended up dancing around it... :soexcited:

bump! :) more please, to get us through this last week until Thanksgiving Break