When you got your first REJECTION, how did you react

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pisiform

Oh Crap!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are many post regarding first acceptance, how about this one :rolleyes:

Just curious

Members don't see this ad.

I was embarassed. I mean, here I thought Sarah liked me completely. I asked and she flat out said NO and I almost cri-

Oh, wait, right....

brother, our lives are miserable - i don't even have any Sarah to ask such a question :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard Sarah is a tease. I mean, she goes on an on about how she's the path to your dreams and about how HARD things get when you're in her, but then when you finally commit to her she's all, $160 bucks before I consider it. You fork over the money and get all hopeful, then she wants you to write about how you're a good fit for her (kind of hot, but try writing a whole essay on it), and by the way, she wants more money. Now you've been waiting for months for any sort of acknowledgment just to find out that there's a couple hundred other guys (and girls!) trying to get into her also, and in the end she most likely just says no, mentioning something about how she likes getting abused by the gunners.

Anyway, that's why people tell you to try to get into like 15.

Last edited:
I was embarassed. I mean, here I thought Sarah liked me completely. I asked and she flat out said NO and I almost cri-

Oh, wait, right....

:laugh: I sincerely apologize if laughing at this makes me cruel. But your post just made my day.

Embarrassed. Disappointed.

I swore off 12 year old tarts forever.

I heard Sarah is a tease. I mean, she goes on an on about how she's the path to your dreams and about how HARD things get when you're in her, but then when you finally commit to her she's all, $160 bucks before I consider it. You fork over the money and get all hopeful, then she wants you to write about how you're a good fit for her (kind of hot, but try writing a whole essay on it), and by the way, she wants more money. Now you've been waiting for months for any sort of acknowledgment just to find out that there's a couple hundred other guys (and girls!) trying to get into her also, and in the end she most likely just says no, mentioning something about how she likes getting abused by the gunners.

this is what happens when we try to hook up with a hooker just for 4 miserable years :laugh:

I honestly don't remember...but some were a little disappointment and others were "ok".

My first thought was "finally! I can move on with my life." When you have been complete for nearly 6 months with no news, you have to see it coming. I didn't get rejected straight off the bat from anywhere though, so that might feel more disappointing.

I got only 1 med school rejection, and I used the letter to sop up spills from my coffee maker.

For some of them, I didn't feel too bad cause honestly, I sort of agreed with their assessment- I wasn't as qualified as the rest of their applicants, and I probably wasn't a great fit. There were really only 2 schools that rejected me that actually hurt- because I was so sure I'd be a great fit for the program. Those stung. But hey, I love where I am, so who cares?

I shrugged and said oh well and moved on...didn't really feel much of anything but that was because I had already been accepted to another school that was higher on my list, but I could imagine how bummed I'd be if I wasn't holding on to a previous acceptance.

Nice metaphor :D

I basically thought to myself that the adcom could "suck my balls" and I angrily ripped up the rejection letter into about 50 pieces.

Email rejections, not quit as dramatic, I just put did a primary delete. Then I went ahead and permanently deleted them from my trash folder.

I laughed because BU rejected me almost instantly and there was a mass rejection massacre in the school specific thread. Didn't really care.

Was never rejected post-interview (12478120 WLs) so I don't know that feeling.

Googled reasons UMASS sucks and yes Marcus Camby came up