where are you in your EK ten week schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holycow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks..

I was just curious about how far along people are in their 10 week schedule for the april 18/19 tests. I am feeling so screwed..i am only on week 2!

Members don't see this ad.

I did the EK books over my horrible winter break of 2007.

Since then, I've been trying to review every now and then, but I was more prepared for the test early January than I am now :rolleyes: (took a free proctored Kaplan test yesterday).

Things are decaying in my head... due to current courseload, extracurriculars, etc.

I'm really counting on Spring break for some enlightenment =D

edit: I forgot to mention I am also taking it in the April 18th time frame.

Yo, if one were to condense the examkrackers in say 5 weeks would that be possible (realistically speaking)?

Given the amount of material, I'd say its totally easy to get it over with in 5 wks. OTOH, if you're taking something like TPR, not so much...e.g. EK Electricity and Magnetism = 20pgs, TPR = 90+ pgs....ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Given the amount of material, I'd say its totally easy to get it over with in 5 wks. OTOH, if you're taking something like TPR, not so much...e.g. EK Electricity and Magnetism = 20pgs, TPR = 90+ pgs....ridiculous.

tpr phys is manageable. not too extreme in the amt of info. but have you seen the bio book!? that shiit is crazy!!!

Haha that's so true.

However, I do think EK could have done their E & M section better. By better, I mean to include longer.

on about week 7 for the april 18th test. I've kept up with all the chapter stuff but my 1001/101's have slowed down a bit due to some exams. Spring break in 2 weeks so if I need to I can catch up then. I feel like some review time would do me good as well. Hoping to have content done by 4-5 weeks before the exam and then to just take practices during that time.

tpr phys is manageable. not too extreme in the amt of info. but have you seen the bio book!? that shiit is crazy!!!
Yeah... its huge. I'm going through it right now--I'm not even bothering taking notes as I go, its too big. I'm just going to get concepts from it and then take notes out of EK--they've got all the important stuff colored :D haha

I didn't do the 10 week schedule provided for by EK, but I'm just about finishing up all the lecture questions and end of lecture exams in the review books. EK Physics kicked my ***....planning on looking over some TPR stuff once I'm done with the EK stuff. Does anyone know the level of difficulty of EK questions compared to the real MCAT? Should I be fretting some single digits that I'm getting...........?

I didn't do the 10 week schedule provided for by EK, but I'm just about finishing up all the lecture questions and end of lecture exams in the review books. EK Physics kicked my ***....planning on looking over some TPR stuff once I'm done with the EK stuff. Does anyone know the level of difficulty of EK questions compared to the real MCAT? Should I be fretting some single digits that I'm getting...........?

I have some numbers that may be useful for comparison:

For the 30 min lecture exams:

Chemistry mean 11.6: (range 8-14)

Physics mean: 10.4 (range 6-12)

I've taken 2 practice tests that I've gotten scores from (waiting for scores from one I took Saturday thnx Kaplan free testing). My PS scores have been:

Kap. FL6 (paper version): 11
AAMC 3CBT: 12

I took these immediately after finishing EK. It appears that EK 30-min exam scoring is less forgiving than AAMC and Kaplan. I also scored single digits for some of them, so don't fret about those. A poster on here mentioned once that he/she got a 34 on the real thing despite single-digit EK 30-min exam scores, so they might not be predictive at all.