Where did you have a *great* student EM rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Posted anonymously via SDN Away Rotation Review Google Form

Maine Medical Center

Type of Elective: EM Clerkship/Sub-Internship
SLOE Experience: Sent SLOE considerably late
Required exam:
SAEM exam
Interview offered during rotation: Yes
Would you recommend this rotation to others: Yes, if not for the bad SLOE.

Comments on rotation experience:

Sweet shift schedule (14 7hr shifts), you can pick up patients as you'd like, lots of procedures, you present to an attending, residents were all super nice. Kinda odd that you use your attending's badge and write your note under their name. Got a pretty mediocre SLOE after having great shift feedback, midpoint feedback, AND a great interview.

Members don't see this ad.

University of Tennessee College of Medicine at Murfreesboro

SLOE Experience: Sent SLOE in a timely manner
Required exam: Exam created by program
Interview offered during rotation: No, but interview is guaranteed to rotators
Would you recommend this rotation to others: Yes

Excellent and engaged faculty, residents great, lots of procedures, 5 hour conference on Thursdays, 13 shifts with schedule flexibility. Excellent rotation.

Reactions: 1 user

Albert Einstein Healthcare Network

Required exam: None
Interview offered during rotation:
No, and interview is not guaranteed to rotators

Worth looking at: essentially the county program in Philly. Pt pop lacks access to reliable healthcare, multiple comorbidities, and overcrowding w/ hallway beds almost always in use.

~14-16 shifts, at 8-10 hrs depending on Pod, with responsibilities varying by the business of the pod. If things are slow then you'll be able to pick up more pts, but if its busy then you'll have fewer of your own pts. Usually you'll staff with the 3rd/4th yr. Faculty and residents are very good about giving you a crack at procedures on pts even if they're not yours.

Majority of shifts are scheduled at the ED, w/ 1 one community site visit. ED is very accessible by public transportation, but the community site is harder to reach without a car - you can talk to the coordinator and avoid having the community shift, but it was worth it.

Weekly lectures with one day of simulations for the rotators.

You have to turn in 4 "notes" from a shift - the notes are a basic word doc template

You do NOT have to do a presentation at the end

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment on Medical University of South Carolina? Thanks.

Anybody rotated at Vandy? On VSAS it says there is a $750 tuition fee and a $160 processing fee, thats almost 1k to rotate is this real life?

Reactions: 1 users
Any other advice for texas programs? So far I have read avoid JPS, ut houston, ut austin, and A&m scott and white.

Year before last I heard a lot of these same ones mentioned, UTH and UTA grade hard/S&W grades weird. This year is the first time I have ever heard JPS mentioned among the avoid rotations. My year, 2017 obviously, it was recommended as one of the better rotations for getting students involved with procedures and what not. Not sure what's up with the experience people had this year but hopefully an outlier. I wasn't picked to rotate but I had a few close buddies who rotated there that loved it, and all honored.

I've also heard great things about Corpus (new changes made this past year though?) and the San Antonio rotations. Haven't heard too much about the other ones, UTSW has a bad rep overall as a school but the residents all seemed nice on interview day. I think the majority of places you will rotate at will be just fine.

Year before last I heard a lot of these same ones mentioned, UTH and UTA grade hard/S&W grades weird. This year is the first time I have ever heard JPS mentioned among the avoid rotations. My year, 2017 obviously, it was recommended as one of the better rotations for getting students involved with procedures and what not. Not sure what's up with the experience people had this year but hopefully an outlier. I wasn't picked to rotate but I had a few close buddies who rotated there that loved it, and all honored.

I've also heard great things about Corpus (new changes made this past year though?) and the San Antonio rotations. Haven't heard too much about the other ones, UTSW has a bad rep overall as a school but the residents all seemed nice on interview day. I think the majority of places you will rotate at will be just fine.

JPS was a great rotation for the experience, but the SLOE was a different story. A new CD just took over this year.

I'd recommend looking at Corpus, Baylor, and Texas Tech.

Last edited:
Any other advice for texas programs? So far I have read avoid JPS, ut houston, ut austin, and A&m scott and white.

I rotated at three of the Texas programs. Feel free to pm me if you'd like to hear my input!

Would a delay in my transcript being uploaded on vsas by the school cause an issue in obtaining an elective? One of the aways I'm interested in has already been taking in applications however my school still hasn't uploaded out transcripts...freaking out here

Depends on how they screen their away rotation applications.

If the program screens applications on a "first come first served basis" then you might want to apply to few extra away rotations.

Greenville Health System/University of South Carolina

Required exam: NBME exam

Great rotation experience. I believe it was 15 9 hour shifts. Most shifts are at the main Greenville Hospital but there are about 5 shifts at three different smaller ED's in the surrounding communities that are a part of Greenville Health System (same faculty rotate through all ED's). This was a little frustrating because I never quite got comfortable in any one place with regards to nursing staff, etc. However, when at the outlying ED's you are the only learner so you get to see/do a lot. One dedicated Peds shift. Didactics and simulations were great. Use Epic, present directly to attendings since there was only an intern class. Midway eval where you get to see all comments made by attendings. Faculty are great and come from all over. Dr. Pfennig and Dr. Janse are awesome!

Vidant Medical Center/East Carolina University

Required exam: SAEM exam
Would you recommend this rotation to others: No

BUSY. No time off. EMS ride along required on one of few days off for Honors. Weekly all day SIM lab. 2 presentations. OSCEs?? Great people and awesome pathology, but not a chill rotation in terms of requirements. With orientation/testing/sim labs/conference, I had 1 day off.

Worked you pretty hard, but there were solid learning opportunities. Worked one on one with attendings for most of the shifts which allowed for a good amount of autonomy. Super high acuity patients and a decent amount of procedural exposure. Full day didactics on Wednedays made for a long one, but that afternoon SIM cases were super high yield. From what I've heard on my interviews, I received a strong SLOE from this program. Would definitely recommend.

Members don't see this ad :)

University of Florida College of Medicine Jacksonville

Med students get to do the FAST exams on low-medium acuity patients. Tons of lac repairs, and you present to the R2 you're working with. You do get a handful of opportunities during shift to also present to the attending. You do 12-13 shifts, including a tox shift and an EMS ride along. Your responsibility is to see the patients assigned to your resident get a good H&P, come up with a plan and present to the resident&/or attending. You generally just try to be helpful in anyway. You can also present patients during the end of shift sign out rounds for extra points. Residents were all pretty nice and included the rotators on a groupme to inform us of hangouts and just general things. They set up an ultrasound sim training for us where we practiced our E-FAST and US guided IV placement. We attended didactics every Wednesday (which included usually panera breakfast). The faculty is generally pretty nice. Dr. Morrissey (APD and clerkship director) is freaking amazing. He also has a sit down with you to kind of discuss general advice and his thoughts about your competitiveness going into the season. He basically interviews you during this 30 min session and takes notes. You have an interview during the rotation. Dr. Morrisey does not actually interview you during this time. He also writes your SLOES, so def good idea to be cool with him (I don't see how you can't be, he's super chill). PD's commented on his SLOES at about 5 interviews. I definitely recommend Jax as it is a well respected county program that can net you many interviews (esp Florida) and I 'd like to believe other county programs that I had no regional ties to.

Lehigh Valley Health Network

Would you recommend this rotation to others: This will depend on how strong you are clinically. It is a good rotation, but if you need a SLOE and are only mediocre clinically the SLOE might hurt you more than help.

Didactics were strong, a little basic if you have already had multiple EM rotations. Suture and splinting lab required for students. Dedicated sim days. 13 9 hour shifts, but non-clinical stuff 2 days a week. Also a ton of online modules and SAEM quizzes. Course is all laid out online so you know what is expected of you. I did my audition during interview season, so I found myself stretched for time.

On-shift you don't have full access to EMR and it is hard to track patients. You can pick up as many as you like (they said honors students usually carry 2-3 at a time). Must do paper T-chart for one patient each shift. Tons of suturing, splinting and nerve blocks available. U/S used a lot by some of the residents, you will get good at basic scans. They do offer a U/S teaching session that I found helpful. Can participate in any code/trauma activation, you just have to ask. Present to upper level resident or attending. On shift teaching and realtime feedback offered at every shift.

SLOE is very honest, and an Honor top 10% goes far locally. (Commented on at every interview I attended) This year they only gave out 6 honors for all rotators and this is spelled out in the SLOE.

I feel this rotation is either good as a first one, where you can learn a ton and not get a SLOE from, or as a 2nd or 3rd where you can go in and really show what you are capable of. Also there is a belief you have to do all the "optional" things to honor, and this is not true.

(Note from @surely: The advice that you should do this rotation as "a good first one" and "not get a SLOE from" it is bonkers to me. You want SLOEs. Good SLOEs. Good, early SLOEs that you can send in before ERAS opens or shortly afterward. Don't do a first rotation at a place that you're so concerned you'll get a bad SLOE from to the point where you don't even submit their SLOE! If you do this, you'll have less time to do other rotations that you do get a SLOE from. And depending on how your school structures your transcript, you may not be able to hide the fact that you did this rotation, and you'll have to submit the SLOE or risk being red-flagged for missing a SLOE.)

Henry Ford Macomb Hospital

Required exam:
None
Interview offered during rotation: Idk if the interview is guaranteed but I got one with a lower third SLOE from them. It doesn't take place during the rotation though. They make everybody come back for it.
Would you recommend this rotation to others: No

For this rotation you are paired each shift with one resident (a pgy 2, 3 or 4). Most residents used you like an assistant to hook patients up to the monitor and get them things when they need them. Some residents let you be more hands on but generally they seemed like they just wanted to see how helpful you were willing to be. They constantly emphasized that we were "auditioning" students. Some shifts I would go multiple hours straight without getting to see a patient because there were so many residents and students. The resident I was with would often just sit there or go get food. Everybody seemed to constantly be fighting for patients. Overall I don't feel I learned much during this rotation and since you only saw the patients your resident saw, it was pretty hard to show that you work hard or show initiative.
I felt didactics were good. They were somewhat interactive and I felt like they did teach some stuff I hadn't heard before. They were very laid back though and the residents got sidetracked a lot. There was one M+M conference that was very awkward. It basically turned in to a pissing match between EM and surgery.

The main reason I don't recommend this rotation is that the SLOE was sent several weeks after my rotation ended and it was pretty bad. My school eval was HP with comments of "hard working, great h+p's, gets along well with residents." My SLOE was a lower third with comments of "didn't do anything to stand out and h+p's could use some work." I don't see why they would give a HP grade and positive remarks on the school eval and the opposite on the SLOE.

UCF-Ocala Regional Medical Center

Would you recommend this rotation to others:
Yes

This program is new, as it had only the intern class. I did this in August so in a sense the interns and I were at relatively same knowledge base (I had already taken CK). The PD/Clerkship director, Dr. Desai is very down to earth guy and assigns 12 shifts that are extremely flexible. No nightshifts (unless you want them) and you are able to reschedule a shift for any reason. The best thing about the rotation was there was no pressure of having an end of clerkship exam (may be subject to change) and I was just there to learn and get to know the program.

For a community ED with a relatively high geriatric population I saw pretty acute pathology. I was able to do 2 chest tubes during my month there and tons of lac repairs (including a few hand lacs and a calf). They do not have in house residents in many of the fancy surgical subspecialties like big academic centers so you can do quite a bit. As a student, as the charts come you take a patient and present directly to the attending and devise a plan. The rotation does not give you access to write notes and they have this dinosaur EMR they use called Meditech (pretty crappy). So keeping up with labs can sometimes be annoying and a challenge (not a lot of computers to go around). During traumas you can observe but not participate unfortunately (hospital policy).

I will say it was a good starter rotation to gear up for a second away if you have one. It will allow you to perfect your presentations, become very proficient at lac repairs and maybe if you're lucky get in some higher level procedures like chest tubes. I did two aways (the other at a county place) and it definitely helped me shine at the other rotation. Didactics were led by PD and APD (prob will change one they get more core faculty). Food was unlimited there for residents and they were cool and would charge your food on their tabs. If you work hard and are enthusiastic, Dr. Desai will reward you with nice grade and great SLOE (def no blindsides). Not sure how that SLOE from a new program compared to my other SLOE from a more well known place but it definitely didn't hurt. Downsides are the EMR, the trauma experience, lack of peds experience and OB/GYN. Also the town Ocala is not the most exciting (gainesville is about 45 min away).

University of Alabama at Birmingham

Interview offered during rotation: No, and interview is not guaranteed to rotators

Didactics are great and entertaining. 15 - 8 hour shifts 14 with one EMS ride along. Student involvement varies by resident, but you can be as involved as you want. They do not give honors to anyone.

Would you recommend this rotation to others: Yes (but says "I would not do the rotation again, but nothing malignant or negative other stories on here.")

Busy rotation. Lots of added stuff on top of clinical shifts (EMS ride along, OSCEs, sims, exam, extra presentation for honors). Work one on one with attendings, but most of the attendings don't seem to want you to see patients and don't really want to teach. I was usually only allowed to see 2-3 pts per shift, as attendings would say they were too busy to staff more patients with a student. Two shifts with teaching residents which were great and had some opportunity for procedures. Residents clearly knew their stuff, and hospital has tons of sick pts as it has a huge catchment area in rural NC. SLOE was decently quick to arrive after the rotation and positive. PD and APD are supportive of residents, but clerkship director wasn't very organized or involved. I would not do the rotation again, but nothing malignant or negative other stories on here.

Palmetto Health/University of South Carolina School of Medicine

Required exam: HIPPO EM

Great rotation. Easy going residents and faculty. Great pathology. Lots to do in Columbia with plenty of free time. ~14 8hr shifts, optional EMS ride along, SIM lab day, conference Wed mornings

Grand Strand Regional Medical Center

Required exam: challenger exam (which was really stupid and you have to do it twice, once at the beginning and once at the end)

excellent faculty including the clerkship director, APD and medical director. Lots of diverse and high acuity pathology including trauma. Residents were great. Awesome location. HCA affiliation didn't seem to have a negative impact on the program from a student's perspective (only small things like they are required to use GE ultrasound machines so no Sonosite) Med students get free food when the cafeteria is open. Computer access with ability to write prelim orders and send them to attendings for sign off. Procedures were available but a lot of the things like intubations and lines all go to the residents. Rotate at main site and 2 free standings in the area which I enjoyed. Didactics were strong. Journal club at an awesome beachfront restaurant. Formal didactic sessions for the med students led by the clerkship director were high yield. Sim was OK. The only things I didn't like about the program were the PD, 12 hour shifts, and this rotation had more shifts (I think 18 or 19) than any other rotation.

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center

Required exam: in house exam based on given readings

14 10-hour shifts with built-in 45 minute break (mandatory). Work one-on-one with attendings and have great teaching. Rotate at two sites in the urgent care and acute care settings with 1 pediatric shift and 1 ride along included in the total shifts. End of rotation presentation and test. SLOE delivered before application submitted on ERAS but clearly they wait until they have evaluated all rotators to submit SLOE.

Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals

Required exam: Written by M4 clerkship director
Interview offered during rotation: No, and interview is not guaranteed to rotators

Busy level 1 trauma center. Run traumas differently than the other three places I rotated at, which I really liked because you got in on the action. Pods are separated by seniority (red/blue/green) and students only work in red (PGY3) or blue (PGY2) pod. Red pod responds to all traumas. Blue pod only responds to trauma alerts (the serious ones) where the PGY2 takes head of bed. Otherwise, students are given the opportunity to be "doc left" - basically helping call out findings/rolling the pt/doing the rectal, potential to do fem stick if the nurses can't get a line. Orientation gives you a crash course in ATLS so you don't stand there with your thumb up your butt when the time comes. Also includes a splinting and suture workshop. Blue pod also does base calls, where EMS can call for further direction on serious cases (usually codes where they've maxed out their algorithms.) Medically ill patients are distributed across all three pods equally. There is a separate fast track area, which students do not rotate in (this weeds out a lot of the bologna that comes through, but not all.) Patients get moved to "vertical" beds if they are appropriate, helping ED flow, but you have to be sure not to forget about them if one of your patients gets moved. Do only adult shifts unless you do a dedicated peds rotation. No EMS ride along. Student-only lecture block every week with the M4 clerkship director, who goes over some student-level EM basics; I thought this lecture series was really well done and high yield. This info, plus from readings in the provided textbook (an Introduction to Clinical Emergency Medicine) composes the questions on the final exam. Great on-shift teaching in most cases. Work very closely with residents. In some cases, you need to make sure you get to have a patient or two on your own to staff directly with the attending depending on the resident/attending (though if you ask, everyone is very willing to make this happen.) Usually the attending/resident make sure you will see a few on your own to staff directly with the attending, so this isn't too big of an issue. Residents have students do all the "little" procedures (sutures, I&D, etc.) but you won't be doing the chest tubes or intubations, etc. for the most part. Maybe a bit less freedom than one of my other rotations, but overall my favorite rotation of the four I did.

University of Wisconsin

Would you recommend this rotation to others: Probably, but not worth your time if you're a DO.

13, 8 hour shifts, one of which is half RN/half ED pharmacy. Includes several peds shifts, and several shifts at TAC (community ED about 30 minutes from the hospital.) Also one 12 hour EMS ride along. Least independence of the four auditions I did. However, great attendings and residents (probably my favorite residents of any of my rotations/interviews.) Best on-shift teaching, perhaps bordering on "overly academic," depending on your cup of tea. Trauma is pretty weak and they won't downgrade anything; most traumas I saw were ground level fall from standing on blood thinners. No penetrating trauma during my shifts. Very medically complex and ill patients. Didactics were solid, more old-school lecture-style, but they had some great guest speakers come. Good ultrasound exposure. Have to keep a patient log, including which procedures you do. Students get to do the more basic procedures (sutures, I&Ds) and maybe some intubations if you play your cards right. They're more picky about who gets to do procedures on kids so if you want to do them, make sure you're on the ball on your shift and you have demonstrated your skills beforehand. Presentation at the end of the month on an "interesting case." Not the most DO-friendly of places. They'll write you a decent SLOE (if you deserve it), but doesn't change their rank a ton (i.e. they have no DOs after the 2018 match. Their last DO who just graduated completed a surgical residency prior to doing his ED residency there.)

University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine (Tulsa)

Required exam: Department created exam
Would you recommend this rotation to others: With reservations

Students were treated like 3rd year medical students. Only 1 student oriented lecture in the first week and it was very basic, common sense stuff. The resident lectures were very dry (and the residents had to dress up!) and formal. Very little sim lab. At least 2 students are scheduled for each shift and students do not show up at the same time as the residents so the resident may already have a full load when you get there. Lots of time spent sitting around trying to find something to do. Saw 1-2 patients/shift max.

13-14 shifts but you won't work with PD or clerkship director regularly. I had 1 shift on my last day with PD and only a matter of hours with the clerkship director (I had 1 and a part of another scheduled with her but she wasn't there during the full shift). Most of the staff physicians are not OU faculty so they don't care to educate the students nor have any input on your SLOE.

Most of their traffic is EMS so you had to hear the announcement that there was a new patient because it may or may not pop up on the board for some time. Most of the time the resident was in the room when they got there, heard what EMS had to say and walked off, leaving you to get history that was inconsequential. By the time you got back to the box, they had already put in orders and moved on from that patient and didn't really care about what you had to say.

Little to no procedures other than a few abscesses and lac repairs. Staff physicians are standing at the residents (interns & up) right hand for any and all procedures beyond the basics (lac/abscess). Residents mimic this behavior by hovering over students. During my other EM rotation, I was given the materials and told to go do it.

Feedback: Asked for feedback after every shift, no one had any poor comments to say but then gets a less than complementary SLOE.

I think that it could be a decent rotation if they figure out how to increase their expectations of 4th year medical students. They don't have MS3's rotate there so they have no basis to know what students are or are not capable of.

HealthPartners Institute for Education and Research/Regions Hospital

Required exam: CDEM-based exam

Truly fantastic rotation due to supportive residents/faculty and autonomy. Regions is well known for its welcoming and positive environment; it is well deserved and I never once had a bad interaction. You see your own patients, work 1:1 with attendings, pend actual orders, and write the official note. Procedures on your patients are almost always your own. You are encouraged to attend traumas, even if working in other ED areas. On-shift teaching is better than average. While Regions' neighbor EM program in Minneapolis seems to get all the glory, I certainly had a better learning experience here.

Does anyone have any information about the away rotation at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago? Looks like a fairly new residency, so it's possible this is their first year with an away rotation, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any information regarding the EM rotation at Yale?

Yale is a fantastic program. If you are ok with New Haven, I would definitely rotate there. The faculty are amazing, warm, and friendly.

Does anyone have any information about the away rotation at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago? Looks like a fairly new residency, so it's possible this is their first year with an away rotation, but I'm not sure.

The residency is new but they've had students at the Rush ED for years so I wouldn't worry about it!

Just received an offer for a rotation at Mount Sinai in Miami. A 4th year told me to be careful about doing an away there because they knew 2 other students that received a poor SLOE from them. Anyone have experiences or heard anything about this program?

Probably best to not disparage programs or the cities they are located in before ERAS has even opened for the year.

It was facetious, but I apologize. New York City Native here, but for the record, I was not disparaging the program - I think that's clear from my comment. Yale obviously has a reputation as a strong program, but as a New Yorker, I cringe at the idea of living in New Haven.

Last edited:
Been reading that Maricopa gives out harsh SLOEs. Any recent students had a similar experience?

It was facetious, but I apologize. New York City Native here, but for the record, I was not disparaging the program - I think that's clear from my comment. Yale obviously has a reputation as a strong program, but as a New Yorker, I cringe at the idea of living in New Haven.
Hello fellow dingus New Yorker. Don't diss New Haven if you've never spent any appreciable time here. Hate to say it, but "as a New Yorker," you don't know ****. You can't possibly know **** about this city without having lived here. I can tell you this because I used to be you. Raised in New York and Philly and snobby as hell about it. As I've grown older and traveled more, almost all of that has gone away (keyword almost :shifty: NYC never leaves you). Take your pick of any other small-sized city in the Northeast and let's compare notes about how ****ty they are relative to New Haven. Take your pick of any other big metropolitan city in the Northeast and let's compare notes about how amazing they are relative to New Haven. We have a vibrant restaurant and bar scene that puts most other 100k population cities to shame. We have access to outdoors activities that puts inland NY/MA to shame. Don't knock something until you try it. This place isn't what it used to be 20-30 years ago, when every U.S. city also went through its period of urban decay. New Haven just never shed its reputation and it's a damn shame.

Indiana University

You rotate at either methodist or eskenazi, not both. 15 9 hour shifts, 2 in the critical care pod. optional EMS, peds and tox shifts that you can add on to your 15 shifts. first 3 days are didactics/lectures that were really fantastic and laid a great base for the rotation. they also provide access to alot of online lectures that were also great. On shift, you manage patients start to finish, chief to the attending or teaching chief directly, enter your own orders, call all consultants, procedures etc, which was a really great experience. They treat you as an intern. the flipside of this is that they expect a lot from you in return so you should be on your game of course. I got to do a lot here and strongly felt like this was the best rotation I did in med school simply for the trial by fire learning experience. All the attendings were great to work with and the residents were also very helpful and engaging. Other students seemed very strong compared to my other rotations. The grade breakdown is 50% P, 40% HP and 10% H, so getting honors here means quite a bit. They really take the SLOE seriously and you meet midway through your rotation with one of the PD's to help them personalize the sloe for you (sort of a get to know you session so they can write some personal things in the SLOE, you still don't know what is in it). SLOE was sent in within a week of rotation end. I would do this rotation again 100%.

Hello fellow dingus New Yorker. Don't diss New Haven if you've never spent any appreciable time here. Hate to say it, but "as a New Yorker," you don't know ****. You can't possibly know **** about this city without having lived here. I can tell you this because I used to be you. Raised in New York and Philly and snobby as hell about it. As I've grown older and traveled more, almost all of that has gone away (keyword almost :shifty: NYC never leaves you). Take your pick of any other small-sized city in the Northeast and let's compare notes about how ****ty they are relative to New Haven. Take your pick of any other big metropolitan city in the Northeast and let's compare notes about how amazing they are relative to New Haven. We have a vibrant restaurant and bar scene that puts most other 100k population cities to shame. We have access to outdoors activities that puts inland NY/MA to shame. Don't knock something until you try it. This place isn't what it used to be 20-30 years ago, when every U.S. city also went through its period of urban decay. New Haven just never shed its reputation and it's a damn shame.
Jesus christ.

Reactions: 8 users
I had a fabulous ED rotation/shadowing experience at Henry Ford Hospital in 1995. It was all downhill from there.

Reactions: 5 users
I had a fabulous ED rotation/shadowing experience at Henry Ford Hospital in 1995. It was all downhill from there.
How come, I am thinking about doing an away there?

Also, does anyone know about doing an away at UMKC?

Please tell me you're not seriously asking how a rotation done 23 years ago will help/hurt you for the match 24 years down the road. Please?

I apologize; I must have misunderstood what the poster said; I thought they were implying that there were issues with the Henry Ford away rotation now. I've heard very positive things about currently doing an away rotation there which is why I was curious.

I apologize; I must have misunderstood what the poster said; I thought they were implying that there were issues with the Henry Ford away rotation now. I've heard very positive things about currently doing an away rotation there which is why I was curious.
Ah, no, Birdstrike was saying the rest of the career was downhill and that the Away was the high point.

weirdly enough I don't really see the same doom and gloom from attendings from any other field on here except EM lol

weirdly enough I don't really see the same doom and gloom from attendings from any other field on here except EM lol

LMAOOO, check out the anesthesia page. Its worse by a few magnitudes.... they're fearmongering to the point that some are claiming that anesthesiology salaries will drop down to the CRNA levels (150K). It would be a really scary read if uninformed or naive med students based their specialty decisions in some level off SDN.