Where do I go from here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

president1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am to to this forum, so bear with me if I am breaking any rules, or doing something wrong.

What steps can I take after graduating with a 2.71 GPA (Biology major) to help me with applying into medical school or DO schools? I understand that my undergraduate GPA is too low, and many people take post-bac courses to 'boost' it. Can someone explain to me how this works?

I want to know what steps I can take from here.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

How would I go about in retaking the courses that pulled my gpa down? I see that most post-bacc admissions require at least a gpa of 2.75, which I fall short of.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it possible to enroll as a part-time student at your former institution and just take classes? Then you can take the exact same classes that are on your transcript and have them be replaced without any fuss.

Is it possible to enroll as a part-time student at your former institution and just take classes? Then you can take the exact same classes that are on your transcript and have them be replaced without any fuss.

Sounds legit.

My school (Stony Brook) does not allow retakes on courses unless they are failed courses that are required for the major.