Where on AMCAS do I write gap year plans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Franzliszt1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks for taking time to answer me,

I just graduated and I'm applying this cycle for 2019. Is anyone else wondering how they will communicate on their application what they plan to do during their gap year? If there is a place on AMCAS I don't see it. I've taken a job as a scribe in an emergency room.

Thanks for all your help

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

Thanks for taking time to answer me,

I just graduated and I'm applying this cycle for 2019. Is anyone else wondering how they will communicate on their application what they plan to do during their gap year? If there is a place on AMCAS I don't see it. I've taken a job as a scribe in an emergency room.

Thanks for all your help

I don't think AMCAS has a section specifically for gap year activity. However, you can extend your current activities to future on the activities section. Most schools' secondaries do ask you your gap year plan though.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think AMCAS has a section specifically for gap year activity. However, you can extend your current activities to future on the activities section. Most schools' secondaries do ask you your gap year plan though.

Nice, thanks.