Where should I take my summer classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDoeJR

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I am choosing to take both orgo 1 and 2 over the summer. My plan is to take them at the university I am currently enrolled in but it is a far way from home. I would like to take them at a university close to home, I do have the option to, to be with my family. There is some family stuff going on this summer that I would like to be there for but at the same time I don't want to hurt my chances of getting into dental school. The school I would take the classes at is an average four year that I actually transferred from after freshman year. My question to you guys is should I just take the ten weeks where I am at or would admissions be okay with me taking them elsewhere if I had a good reason? Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

You can take your summer courses at the university close to your home. Most schools just recommend that you avoid taking pre-reqs at a community college or online. Just remember to list every school you attend and send ALL transcripts from the schools when you apply in AADSAS or TMDSAS. Good luck and ace those classes!

As long as it is a four year institution and you are receiving letter grades (pas fail looks bad) it isn't to big of a deal! I am actually taking Bio I at the SUNY near me because my psych adviser would not let me take bio freshman year ( and I stupidly didn't fight him) Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, so I am choosing to take both orgo 1 and 2 over the summer. My plan is to take them at the university I am currently enrolled in but it is a far way from home. I would like to take them at a university close to home, I do have the option to, to be with my family. There is some family stuff going on this summer that I would like to be there for but at the same time I don't want to hurt my chances of getting into dental school. The school I would take the classes at is an average four year that I actually transferred from after freshman year. My question to you guys is should I just take the ten weeks where I am at or would admissions be okay with me taking them elsewhere if I had a good reason? Thanks for your time.

Its fine to take a summer course. Just make sure it is at a 4 year university and not a community college. Class should be in person and not online. What course do you want to take?