This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulfuturemd1999

Stressed MS3
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

I'm a first time poster so I apologize if the format or anything else is wrong!

I'm an Black woman from NC with a 504 (129/125/126/124) and a 3.7cGPA and ~3.5sGPA. I have loads of campus involvement (club sports, NAACP, ambassador), over 200 shadowing hours, pretty decent LORs, and have 4 years of cancer research (no publications). I'm trying to narrow down my schools list, and could use some assistance on which schools I should add. I don't have the funds to apply to a school where my app would be thrown out due to my MCAT :(

Schools Already Applied To:
Howard
East Carolina
UNC
Meharry
UC Davis
Uof Washington
Morehouse

Schools I'm Considering
Drexel
Rosalind Franklin
????

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN,

I'm a first time poster so I apologize if the format or anything else is wrong!

I'm an Black woman from NC with a 504 (129/125/126/124) and a 3.7cGPA and ~3.5sGPA. I have loads of campus involvement (club sports, NAACP, ambassador), over 200 shadowing hours, pretty decent LORs, and have 4 years of cancer research (no publications). I'm trying to narrow down my schools list, and could use some assistance on which schools I should add. I don't have the funds to apply to a school where my app would be thrown out due to my MCAT :(

Schools Already Applied To:
Howard
East Carolina
UNC
Meharry
UC Davis
Uof Washington
Morehouse

Schools I'm Considering
Drexel
Rosalind Franklin
????

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Do not bother sending in the secondaries for UC Davis (only admitted one non resident last year) or U Washington (accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest). I suggest adding these schools to your application:
UCLA Drew
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Emory
Miami
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Wayne State
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Indiana
Einstein
New York Medical College
Boston University
Tufts

Reactions: 1 user
Do not bother sending in the secondaries for UC Davis (only admitted one non resident last year) or U Washington (accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest). I suggest adding these schools to your application:
UCLA Drew
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Emory
Miami
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Wayne State
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Indiana
Einstein
New York Medical College
Boston University
Tufts

Thank you for you input, I will take these schools into account!