Where to put scientific publications on application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shwayne

Science.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll have a publication once the next cycle rolls around. Does anyone know the best place to put this information on an app?

According to ADEA, "There is no place on the application specifically for publications, as the dental schools have not requested that this be documented in ADEA AADSAS. If you wish to include this type of activity, you may be able to list them in the “Achievements” section of the application, if appropriate."

First of all, why would you not "wish to include this type of activity" (*facepalm* ADEA). Not sure if the achievements section is the best (or appropriate?) place for something like this.. maybe list it as a separate entity in the research experience section?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll have a publication once the next cycle rolls around. Does anyone know the best place to put this information on an app?

According to ADEA, "There is no place on the application specifically for publications, as the dental schools have not requested that this be documented in ADEA AADSAS. If you wish to include this type of activity, you may be able to list them in the “Achievements” section of the application, if appropriate."

First of all, why would you not "wish to include this type of activity" (*facepalm* ADEA). Not sure if the achievements section is the best (or appropriate?) place for something like this.. maybe list it as a separate entity in the research experience section?
We'll from what you pasted, it sounds like it's not ADEA's doing, but the dental schools themselves. From that, you can gather that dental schools don't put as much emphasis on pre-dents doing a lot of research :shrug:. I did research as an undergrad for about two years, but the schools didn't really even being it up or ask about it all that much in my interviews. Maybe someone else has a different experience though. But I do believe the research in undergrad will help me in do in doing research in dental school which I plan on doing.