Where to send an LOI to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dt7538

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I have an update letter/LOI to send to a school I was waitlisted at. I tried to get in touch with the director of admissions, who was the one that sent out the waitlist email and was in charge of the interview, but I haven't had any luck. Would it be reasonable to send it to her email?

Thanks!
 
Some schools will want you to upload letters to the update section of the [secondary] application portal. I did that, as well sent an email attaching that letter to the office of admissions. I addressed the letter to the director + admissions committee.
 
Some schools will want you to upload letters to the update section of the [secondary] application portal. I did that, as well sent an email attaching that letter to the office of admissions. I addressed the letter to the director + admissions committee.

Thank you! So your letter read "Dear Admissions Committee" correct? Did you put the address in the letter as well? Because I just wrote "To Whom It May Concern"
 
Thank you! So your letter read "Dear Admissions Committee" correct? Did you put the address in the letter as well? Because I just wrote "To Whom It May Concern"

Yeah, I put the complete med school name before "Admissions Committee". You can also add the admissions director name before that. I didn't put in any address because I did not physically mail the letter; sent via email plus uploaded to the update section of the application portal. Dunno how much of an impact my letter left, but I got in so maybe it did.