This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katherinermarie

Reaction score
Hi all. I live in the Plano area and am having trouble finding physicians to shadow. Any physicians out there that would be open to having a shadow for a while? Or pre-med/med students that have shadowed a doctor in the Dallas area that can give me a recommendation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How are you contacting doctors to ask for shadowing? I've never had any luck calling or emailing. Stop by the offices with your resume and talk to the office manager or doctor in-person.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. I live in the Plano area and am having trouble finding physicians to shadow. Any physicians out there that would be open to having a shadow for a while? Or pre-med/med students that have shadowed a doctor in the Dallas area that can give me a recommendation?

Thanks!
Ummm, UTSW?
Parkland Hospital?

Ask your family doctor if s/he can make recommendaitons.

Or network via your clinical volunteering

Parkland in Dallas has a dedicated program for shadowing. I would also email/cold-call UTSW fellows and see what you get

Reactions: 1 user
hey were you able to find someone to shadow in Dallas? Am also looking for dr to shadow without much luck,any help would be appreciated.