Where you at BROWN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

instigata

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't anybody talk about Brown? Anybody applying here?

Members don't see this ad.

I am, but I just submitted last week

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything from them at all and I was complete on Aug 21. I just took it as a rejection. Anyone else complete around then?

I've been complete there since 8/15 and haven't heard a word.

How is their acceptance rate for OOS?

complete at brown since 10/2. Sorta wondering the same thing about OOS ppl . . .

Residents:
643 applied, 269 interviewed, 61 matriculate

Non-residents:
7362 applied, 614 interviewed, 105 matriculate

I applied to Brown and keep checking my status but no word on interview/rejection.

brown has a lot of baccalareate/MD students, so they have limited spots for the standard (AMCAS) route.
i think they have around 50 spots for AMCAS applicants.. but correct me if im wrong.

EDIT:

MD Class of 2010 Enrollment by Admission Route
PLME (48): 52%
Standard (33): 36%
Postbaccalaureate (6): 6.5%
EIP (3): 3.5%
MD/PhD (2): 2%
Total: 92 students

i don't know if they expanded the class for this application cycle.

brown has a lot of baccalareate/MD students, so they have limited spots for the standard (AMCAS) route.
i think they have around 50 spots for AMCAS applicants.. but correct me if im wrong.

EDIT:

But aren't those numbers for matriculants and not admitees?

EDIT:

I interviewed at Brown on Thursday, they are planning on 30 spots regular MD this year--which means they plan to accept a total of about 60-70 candidates. I was impressed by their program but worried about the fact that a huge percentage of the class will have come from Brown undergrad or the post bach program, but then again, everyone assured us that they don't notice a divide in the class....

Man I didn't know Brown was that hard to get into just because of their limited seats. I regret sending them my $95 bux. Maybe I could make the check bounce :D

Maybe I shouldn't finish my secondary app. :rolleyes:

Maybe I shouldn't finish my secondary app. :rolleyes:

it's a great school though! Just cause the number percentages are a little more difficult doens't mean it's not worth a secondary....

I've been complete there since 8/15 and haven't heard a word.

same here, completed since aug. one of my friend already got interview invite, and she applied four weeks after me!!!!! i guess i got rejected.