Which 2015 MacBook is best for medical school ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

junee15

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking to purchase a new MacBook but I don't know which one to get. However, I'm still in my undergrad. (Anthropolgy major ) I plan to enroll in the post- baccalaureate premedical program in the future. Should I get the new MacBook or the 13 in. MacBook Pro ? My needs are iTunes, Internet and Microsoft Office. I need one that will use in my undergrad years and that will last me through medical school.
 
I got the small Mac book air
Light and easy to transport plus extra long battery life - I get eight hours from a charge
And it was small enough to fit on most desks in school
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Let's see.

I bought a MBP (Sandy Bridge CPU quad-core i5) when I started med school. And it never let me down. And I've upgraded the RAM since then. Probably going to do a SSD HD.

My med school did record lectures, but the playback software worked much better w/ Windows (even tho it was Mac-compatible, just had a lot more functionality on PC). So I had Boot Camp w/ Windows 7.

That said, almost any Mac will do, as long as you have Boot Camp and a copy of Windows. Best of both worlds. And, eluding to what I wrote, you might be frugal at the same time and get something refurbished that has at least a Sandy Bridge Intel CPU (mid-2011->onward)

Sent from my 4 year old MacBook Pro 😉