Which are the best MCAT practice test bundles and where can I buy them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooyon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I need to buy like 10 MCAT full length practice tests but there are so many options and I don't know which are the best. I can't afford to take a Kaplan or Princeton Review course so I just need to buy them from some other source. I would like them to have explanations if possible. Could anyone please guide me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Next Step 1-4
Exam Krackers 1-4
AAMC Sample
AAMC Scored

Those are the tests I'm planning to take!

What about the Altius tests that you can buy? They have 10 for 300. What do you think??

https://altiustestprep.com/tests/

I've heard good things, I'm sure they're great. They offer a free 1/2 length so no harm in checking them out.

However, I don't think it's a good idea to get ALL of your practice tests from 1 company. Every test prep company is going to have strengths and weaknesses, emphasize slightly different material, have different styles. And none of them is going to be 100% right on the money as far as replicating the MCAT goes. I think it's probably best to hedge your bets by taking tests from several different sources.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried the "Nextstep additional practice and strategy" book? I'm also looking for practice questions to do and was considering purchasing the Nextstep online MCAT exam bundles and/or the strategy practice books.

Has anyone tried the "Nextstep additional practice and strategy" book? I'm also looking for practice questions to do and was considering purchasing the Nextstep online MCAT exam bundles and/or the strategy practice books.

I have them all and I think they're really good.

Reactions: 1 user
I have them all and I think they're really good.

Did you find the strategy they taught in the "additional practice and strategy" books helpful? I am thinking of enrolling in a tutoring course with Nextstep but it is really pricey so I was thinking of just using their additional practice and strategy books. Any thoughts? Thank you!

good,it's probably best to hedge your bets by taking tests from several different sources.
33.gif

Did you find the strategy they taught in the "additional practice and strategy" books helpful? I am thinking of enrolling in a tutoring course with Nextstep but it is really pricey so I was thinking of just using their additional practice and strategy books. Any thoughts? Thank you!

I pretty much ignored all of the strategies and just used the extra practice... That doesn't necessarily mean the strategy stuff isn't good, I just wasn't motivated enough to care about it.