Which DO schools have the prettiest campuses and best locations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I actually live right down the street from Paradise.
Oh cool. I live in Enterprise.

Members don't see this ad.

hmm...I wonder if its acceptable for interviewees to take pictures with their cameras during campus tours?:confused:

I have no idea but I wouldn't dare try. The day before my interview I went and scoped out the campus so I wouldn't have to worry about getting lost/being late for my interview. I took that opportunity to take pics of the campus.

Pikeville (KYCOM)

The_University_of_Pikeville_Kentucky_College_of_Osteopathic_Medicine_1.jpg

663_3.jpg

Adding a new building:

5058f45996b26.image.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have a picture but Campbell's building/s are going to be beautiful. I first saw it the night before my interview and as it all lit up and towering over the trees... WAY nicer than I expected. I will post one when it's finished.

I know people hate on Touro NY for it's looks...but the upside is you live in the best city on Earth. Unlimited things to do, unlimited food options 24/7, clinical exposure to people that represent cultures from all over the world, central park, the list goes on.. That's just me though.

I know people hate on Touro NY for it's looks...but the upside is you live in the best city on Earth. Unlimited things to do, unlimited food options 24/7, clinical exposure to people that represent cultures from all over the world, central park, the list goes on.. That's just me though.

This experience comes at a hefty price. Living in NYC isn't cheap. But I agree with you about the location. I love me some NYC.

MSU-COM:

East Lansing
6241394243_a9594e8671_z.jpg

Detroit
sinai-grace.jpg

Yeah but most of Detroit looks like 28 days later scene.

LECOM - Erie

320px-LECOM_Erie_campus.jpg

facility_image.jpg

LECOM - Seton Hill

mgServeFile.php

Seton hill is f'ing gorgeous

Touro - Nevada (TUCOM-NV)

large_DSCF3704.jpg

Touro - Harlem (TUCOM-NY)

5278873090_9fe9a32012_z.jpg

Da fuq? Ugly.

Ok, this is PCOM-GA:

DSCN3981-300x225.jpg
320px-GA-PCOM.JPG

Wish It was more scenic, one of my top choices

THESE ARE SOME RANDOM PICS OF NOVA.
IT'S A BIG CAMPUS WITH MANY PROFESSIONAL SCHOOLS
THIS IS THE DO SCHOOL:
Nova-Southeastern-University-4A4EFAED.jpg

OTHER SCHOOLS ON CAMPUS:
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread was the reason I applied to Nova. :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Just read through this thread...some nice campuses! MedPR, you are like a different person from just a few short months ago.

Anyhow, here is Marian University's (MU-COM) campus in Indianapolis:

The Michael A Evans Center for Health Sciences virtual tour:
[YOUTUBE]SRjc6lCQOuI[/YOUTUBE]
248365_10150214629569938_2188121_n.jpg

The Michael A Evans Center for Health Sciences is being built in the southeast corner of campus (where the two roads intersect in this picture). Looks really nice!
aerialcampus.jpg

Marian-University-Indianapolis-IN-6.jpg

Marian-University-Indianapolis-IN-3.jpg

Marian-University-Indianapolis-IN-5.jpg

Marian-University-Indianapolis-IN.jpg

Marian-University-Indianapolis-IN-9.jpg

IMG_0320-HDR2.jpg

7316_135993589937_4764590_n.jpg

Allison Mansion @ MU
793809_10151414948754938_1322345966_o.jpg

Last edited:
Now that MedPR has got his MD acceptance, DOs are definitely inferior and it's his job along with Spectroll to patroll the osteo forums and and keep DOs in their place.

This thread definitely displays a change in MPRs SDN persona, but meh, whatevs...in light of recent exchanges, I have to ask...

bumble_bee_kid_running_costume_hg_clr.gif

??

This thread definitely displays a change in MPRs SDN persona, but meh, whatevs...in light of recent exchanges, I have to ask...

??

Nope, this'uns too obtuse for me.
Can't tell if you're saying he's changed for good or for worser. Lol

Nope, this'uns too obtuse for me.
Can't tell if you're saying he's changed for good or for worser. Lol

Dr. Bumblebee and MedPR/Specter were having at it last night. This poster has one post and obviously disapproves of both of them....so I wondered if it was in fact DrBumblebee incognito.

On an unrelated note and having recently read through this entire thread, I just noticed that MedPR is a bit... different... than he was early cycle.

Rocky Visit is in the best location because it is in Colorado. :D

Also, Parker is close to everything, city, mountains, suburbs, country side.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Bumblebee and MedPR/Specter were having at it last night. This poster has one post and obviously disapproves of both of them....so I wondered if it was in fact DrBumblebee incognito.

On an unrelated note and having recently read through this entire thread, I just noticed that MedPR is a bit... different... than he was early cycle.

No man, I honestly don't have time for it. But, I think MedPR & Specter usernames have been used by a group of people to troll against DOs (nobody knows why.) Otherwise, it's impossible to have more than 16,000 posts.

Rocky Visit is in the best location because it is in Colorado. :D

Also, Parker is close to everything, city, mountains, suburbs, country side.

Best location definitely, sadly, not the prettiest campus :(

No man, I honestly don't have time for it. But, I think MedPR & Specter usernames have been used by a group of people to troll against DOs (nobody knows why.) Otherwise, it's impossible to have more than 16,000 posts.

There used to be a time when trolls were banned for pissing on DO students and DOs. Now they're favorite house pets good for click count and revenue.

Keep the douchebags and their MD v. DO dick-measuring fetish out of this thread.

Last edited:
RVUCOM is in one of the absolute best locations for a medical school, especially if you're into outdoorsy things. While Parker itself is kind of lame, Colorado is among the best places to live in the world. The campus itself is decent, but not like some of the pics posted on this thread so far. Although it is a good facility and you get nice views of the mountains from the anatomy lab and library, including Longs Peak to the north and Pikes Peak to the south. And of course the education is very good. Denver is a great city for the those into the city scene, and its easy to live in Denver and commute to campus. You can also live in or near the mountains in some very nice communities within an hour of campus. For easy access to any outdoorsy activity, RVU is hard to beat. There is lots of excellent hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing within 0.5-2 hours of campus. The rock climbing on the front range of Colorado is stellar, and there is TONS of excellent rock near RVU in the South Platte region, Clear Creek Canyon, and Boulder which is not too far away. And of course you're close to Wyoming and Utah (8 hours to Jackson and 6 hours to Moab) for more world-class climbing, mountain biking, and skiing/snowboarding. For excellent skiiing and snowboarding, you can be in Summit County and Vail within 1.5-2 hours from campus. There are awesome alpine climbing, mountaineering, and backpacking opportunities within 2-7 hours from campus on Colorado's numerous 14000+ ft. peaks and in the many massive wilderness areas. I feel very grateful to be attending a school in such a great location because the easy access to these fun things makes it really easy to get out a lot and feel like I'm still doing the things I love while succeeding in medical school. For those who want to keep climbing, skiing, biking, or whatever while in med school, remember that location is KEY!

Last edited:
Hey stay in topic...

man that Marian Campus is beautiful!

Is that where you're going Kenobi?

??

How was I different?

Ohio University is a truly beautiful campus and uptown Athens just looks like home.

Athens
Ohio-University-Athens-414E0F3E.jpg

HCOM main building
index.1.jpg

Lecture halls right inside these doors
Ohio-University-Athens-6A2F6CEC.jpg

Academic and Research Center, only a few years old. Shared with engineering programs. Houses faculty offices and research labs.
AcademicResearchCenter.jpg

College Green just up the hill
ohio-university-college-greenjpg-b5781a28d5c23d83.jpg

Scripps journalism school on college green
3362423933_9d34b1aa1d_z.jpg

Alden library. 7 stories.
aldengreen.jpg

46925984.jpg

Baker University Center top (at the top of the hill)
ou_baker_night.jpg

Inside Baker
l.jpg

Bottom of baker at the bottom of the hill
153288-004-7B7A72E3.jpg

The Ridges on an opposing hill. Formerly an insane asylum. Now offices/a museum/and some research labs.
Ridges.jpg

theridges1.jpg

ridgesaud23.jpg

Civil war era cemetery on the ridges
tumblr_lub7vzvsPj1qmyq6ho1_1280.jpg

The supremely haunted old TB ward on the ridges. Students regularly caught by police trespassing here.
7387945032_1a1daa15a4_z.jpg

Court Street, UPtown Athens
vfiles18209.jpg

athens-ohio-uptown.jpeg

8324794910_fb95c4f998_z.jpg

athens.jpg

8324793726_aa422954fb_z.jpg

7413025974_6569c46d7d_z.jpg

408598_10151345031392866_1465912223_n.jpg

Importantly, Court Street is the site of this, which is just brilliant
OBW%20Banner.jpg

College green gateway
il_fullxfull.343120779.jpg

And the alumni gateway
4431619207_be6dab55d1_z.jpg

"So enter that daily thou mayest grow in knowledge, wisdom, and love."

Seriously. HCOM is a flawless win in this thread. Athens is not a place that you ever forget.

Wow, Athens really is gorgeous. I'll give UNE/Biddeford a little love.

arial2_1.jpg

bc6-3.jpg

Gotta agree UNECOM is in a killer spot. I almost applied just because of that. Too far from family and s/o though.

Almost forgot! The japanese cherry blossoms that line part of the bike path (20+miles paved).

Japanese%20Cherry%20Blossoms-6.jpg

:nod:

Man, I know it might sound naive, but if that really is Touro-COM's campus, I will not be applying there . I know it sounds shallow, but a campus that looks like one of those fake colleges I pass by all the time, definitely isn't worth it. Don't care much for the historical significance, the school looks like crap. NYU's campus looks beautiful.

*I am not saying it is a bad college, but compared to other DO campuses, it definitely fails miserably on that.

Last edited:
Man, I know it might sound naive, but if that really is Touro-COM's campus, I will not be applying there . I know it sounds shallow, but a campus that looks like one of those fake colleges I pass by all the time, definitely isn't worth it. Don't care much for the historical significance, the school looks like crap. NYU's campus looks beautiful.

*I am not saying it is a bad college, but compared to other DO campuses, it definitely fails miserably on that.

By that logic you might consider taking LECOM-B off your list. It looks like one of those side-of-the-interstate private "universities".

yeah, looks worse than the people's college of law:laugh:. Plus I would not feel safe there. Im an avid runner and I don't want to have to carry arounds pepper spray or a gun or a whatever.

By that logic you might consider taking LECOM-B off your list. It looks like one of those side-of-the-interstate private "universities".

Well, you do go to school on a beautiful campus surrounded by people in various other programs (PAs, dental students, DNPs, etc) so to call LECOM-B's look bad is a little bias :oops:

I don't see whats wrong with a decent campus, especially for medical school. Paying 50k a year and the campus looks like Tuoro is a little disheartening, though I'm sure they produce fine doctors. Its just a personal thing, but I honestly didn't want to live in NY either way.

Well, you do go to school on a beautiful campus surrounded by people in various other programs (PAs, dental students, DNPs, etc) so to call LECOM-B's look bad is a little bias :oops:

I don't see whats wrong with a decent campus, especially for medical school. Paying 50k a year and the campus looks like Tuoro is a little disheartening, though I'm sure they produce fine doctors. Its just a personal thing, but I honestly didn't want to live in NY either way.

Is Touro-NY in NYC? If so, then I wouldn't want to live there either. The cost of living in the city is just utterly ridiculous. They're making micro-apartments because they project even more population growth.

Now that MedPR has got his MD acceptance, DOs are definitely inferior and it's his job along with Spectroll to patroll the osteo forums and and keep DOs in their place.

Idk why people make new accounts to flame. It's more fun from your real account.

Don't be scurred or confoosed! If you aren't a resident of FL you probably don't get that reference.

I don't haha. But I will be applying to NSU this coming cycle though. Are there really gators there though? I hear they like dark meat :thumbdown:

I don't haha. But I will be applying to NSU this coming cycle though. Are there really gators there though? I hear they like dark meat :thumbdown:

Gators thrive in marshy swampy areas so yes, they are found throughout Florida in these areas. If you look at a map, a nice chunk of South Florida is Everglades. They are nothing to be afraid of though. Just be smart about where and when you go in the water, which applies to essentially all bodies of water. I've canoed next to plenty of gators in my time and have not once felt threatened.

Perhaps a little biased, but I've been on both campuses and walked through the halls, auditoriums and everything in between. Don't get me wrong, the campus serves its purpose well; they have several programs there now. But since this thread is about "most beautiful DO campus" one can easily surmise from campus photos that it is not anything special compared to some other schools in this thread. Their Seton Hill campus is absolutely stunning.

Last edited:
Gators thrive in marshy swampy areas so yes, they are found throughout Florida in these areas. If you look at a map, a nice chunk of South Florida is Everglades. They are nothing to be afraid of though. Just be smart about where and when you go in the water, which applies to essentially all bodies of water. I've canoed next to plenty of gators in my time and have not once felt threatened.

I love canoeing. I think it would be cool to canoe with some gators. Lol

man that Marian Campus is beautiful!

Is that where you're going Kenobi?

Ya bro! Cool city, nice campus, great all around program developed over there. There are a lot more nice pics of parts of the campus...maybe I'll throw some up later. You watch the virtual tour video I posted...pretty cool. Where you headed btw?

Ya bro! Cool city, nice campus, great all around program developed over there. There are a lot more nice pics of parts of the campus...maybe I'll throw some up later. You watch the virtual tour video I posted...pretty cool. Where you headed btw?

Yes please post more. Me? Im still a lowly premed. I'll be applying the coming up cycle.

Too bad the dolphins suck, and the only way I could afford NOVA would be if I joined the military :(

There are quite a few HPSP people in my class, but if that isn't something you're even considering then I guess your only other option is to do what the vast majority of people do, including myself: loans out the wazoo!

Yea I hear you. There are Coyotes who run around my gated complex at night on a regular basis. I'm respectful of wildlife. The only Gator experience I've had was the wild reserve in Savannah. The funny(sad) thing about that was people would feed them all the time, so they would approach people all the time. It seemed dangerous. I assume there are strict laws against that in Florida right?

Yes please post more. Me? Im still a lowly premed. I'll be applying the coming up cycle.

For sure...I'll post some up later. Good luck in the upcoming cycle! If you need any advice or just want someone to shoot the **** with, feel free to hit me up.