Which letter of recommendation should I put first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TaupePremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Original question deleted, I am going with Letter A first, who the *&%k cares.

I'll be honest, applying to med school forces me to make like 20 decisions every day, and sometimes the decisions feel big and I get tired of making them all myself.

I decided to try an experiment. To work through my decision, I typed it out. I thought, why not type it into SDN? Well, the answer is that people will mock you mercilessly, that's why not. Lesson learned.

(I was joking about the mocking being merciless, that was actually very subdued and rational criticism, and I actually have a very thick skin with respect to things people on the internet say.)

The question came upon me, I typed it into SDN, and I set a calendar event for 3 days later to check my advice.

About one hour later, I made up my own damn mind and deleted the calendar event.

So yeah. Thanks for teaching me this lesson about self-reliance. Or something.

As I said in another thread, this is real life, so the stories don't actually have any moral.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They'll both be read. It really doesn't matter. Better to just have your letters submitted... send them in.

To clarify:

My school definitely will not make the packet this week, I asked. I definitely plan to wait 3 days before making my decision, it will not slow anything down.

I'm ignoring this thread for 3 days, I swear. Post your opinions and I will come back and make a fast decision. I know it hardly matters.

The premed process definitely fosters delusional thinking, I will agree with that.

It also fosters thinking and behaviors reminiscent of OCD. I mean, the AMCAS is so important, but you can NEVER CHANGE IT once you submit it, which causes this compulsive checking and obsessive worry about errors that is strongly reminiscent of OCD. I say this having worked with OCD patients and knowing full well that I don't actually have OCD, I am just saying, the entire AMCAS process fosters behaviors that are somewhat pathological and strongly reminiscent of OCD.

"Are there typos in my personal statement? I can't see any. I should check again." - Said every premed ever.

They say that typos in your personal statement will make you seem careless, so people check it repeatedly. Much like a patient with OCD who washes their hands repeatedly to remove invisible germs.