which network should i go with in Boston....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gumpads

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I will be joining BU this fall. Do any one of you have good suggestion about which network is good in Boston and in BU. What are you guys in BU using....
Do you have good signal in school or any cellphone is the same for that matter.

I have had sprint, using t-mobile right now...both are equally bad. Whats left cingular and verizon. Please help me, which one should i go with....

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

gumpads said:
Hi All,

I will be joining BU this fall. Do any one of you have good suggestion about which network is good in Boston and in BU. What are you guys in BU using....
Do you have good signal in school or any cellphone is the same for that matter.

I have had sprint, using t-mobile right now...both are equally bad. Whats left cingular and verizon. Please help me, which one should i go with....

Thanks in advance.

This would be a great question to ask in the forum we have for BUSDM '10! Try asking there ~

As for me, I'm using Sprint w/ Free Incoming Call Plan --

All of your incoming calls are FREE while on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network. From any network. Anytime. Plus, no roaming charges.

The plan allows me to call anywhere as long as there's a signal without worry of overcharge. The signals are great usually, unless I'm underground in the medical building. Plan costs 39.99 + 15 (data) + 4 (international) + 8 (tax) = almost 60 dollars.

I do highly recommend Sprint, but only because my phone (A900) is very exploitable.

I have cingular! since we will be in the same class... we might occassionaly call each other, so join Cingular (free mobile to mobile!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Dreaming2k5,

Its interesting, I didnt know they had free incoming. Thanks for the reply...

I have Verizon and have service everywhere so far.

I have T-mobile, and they are great for family/group plans. I share about 2,000 minutes with my family (total of four lines) for $99 (about $25/line). It's free when I call them, and call other T-mobiles. Being in dental school, I will hardly use these shared-minutes during the daytime (weekdays). I used my cell around Boston, no signal issues.

So it works out for me to get more for less. :D

Verizon has the best and most extensive coverage in New England. If you never plan on leaving the greater Boston area (basically staying within the I-495 corridor) than any of the big 4 carriers will do. If you plan on going out to Cape Cod, or upto the mountains of New England at any time, then Verizon is easily your best bet.

I had sprint when I first came to Boston and relatively did not have too many problems with reception. I did have to deal with a few "dead spots" which happen to be some places in my apt and some places in the library. I switched over to verizon this past year and I have little to no recpeiton problems. Heck it even works in the elevator and some T (subway) locations. I recommend verizon as well as the previous post-ers.